• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Sponsor needed in San Diego

Lisa1202

Hello all,

I am looking to apply for OCS, and I am trying to get my package in for the February supply board. I am active duty 6 years in, just finished my BGS with a 3.3 GPA. I took the OAR in mid October for the first time and scored a 48 (not to happy with it but I'm studying now to retake it in January hopefully). My evals are P (just transfered) EP, EP, EP. By heritage I am a MA2, K9 handler and I am currently stationed in San Diego.

I am posting on here because I have exhausted all means through my COC with trying to get help with my package. The statement I hear the most is "you rarely hear of someone putting in for OCS". Basically, most people don't know what to do for it. I am hoping someone here can help me link up with a mustang in San Diego who went through the OCS program, who is willing to be my sponsor. My command requires me to have one prior to putting in a request chit to apply for OCS. Any help is greatly appreciated, if you are willing to point me in the right direction inbox me. I can take all the help I can get right now.

Best of luck to everyone in the process for applying.

Lisa1202

Oh I'm sorry I'm still getting used to so many bases in one area only been on the west coast for 3 months..... I'm at 32nd st.

estekeno19884

I am stationed in CT. I was in the same scenario few months ago. My advice would be to get your package ready on your own, the application process is a test within itself. I went outside my command and met with officers myself, and coordinated my interviews. I even submitted my own package after the CO signed it. Just so you know, you do all the write ups yourself, and after you meet all of the program requirements then you should meet with your CO. Use the OCS checklist, walk in to offices, ships, and ask for help. I took advantage of being an hour away from Newport, RI and meet with different supply officers.

It is strange they are asking for a sponsor, when commands should have an officer programs coordinator. I would just submit a package with a special request chit.

Lisa1202

I like your adivce estekeno19884 and truthfully I was doing it by myself, until the officer program coordinator at my command told me they won't reccommend approval of my package if I don't send up a request chit with my sponsor identified. It's trufully frustrating. I started meeting with officers on my own and everything so far completed in my package has been because of my work with outside sources. So I'm doing what I am told, but it slows me up now because have to find someone, then route a chit and wait until it comes back. As a matter of fact the coordinator said it doesn't have to be someone in San Diego.

13ad13boy85

I like your adivce estekeno19884 and truthfully I was doing it by myself, until the officer program coordinator at my command told me they won't reccommend approval of my package if I don't send up a request chit with my sponsor identified. It's trufully frustrating. I started meeting with officers on my own and everything so far completed in my package has been because of my work with outside sources. So I'm doing what I am told, but it slows me up now because have to find someone, then route a chit and wait until it comes back. As a matter of fact the coordinator said it doesn't have to be someone in San Diego.
Were you able to get your packet submitted?