• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Soooo...NPQ

coyote09

SSMR
pilot
So I had my flight physical yesterday, and was NPQ'd because of my left eye. I had PRK in early July, and have been seeing better than 20/20 since 1 month post-op. However, when I did the optometry portion I was told I still have a slight astigmatism in my left eye, and some residual haze from the surgery. Since I'm still only 4 months post-op, I'm tempted to wait a couple more months and see what happens with my eyes (or whatever my optometrist recommends).

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? I'd like to get a feel for whether or not I should wait this out, or get the ball rolling for touch up surgery so I'll be good before I submit my package.

el douge

This one time at band camp...
PRK can take a year or more to completely heal. Generally your eyes will heal in 6 months, but your prescription will alter variably for a year or so. Says my eye doc. I had mine done in June of 2007 and I had changes for 14 months. So I wouldn't get too worried at this point if its only been 4 months. Just try to stay hydrated and go easy as you can on the alcohol ;). Also if you aren't already, continue to use artificial tears and wear sunglasses whenever you're in the sun. My .02.