• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SNA Age limits

Mike_R

Hello all,

I found this site after applying and getting selected for SNA. It looks like a fantastic resource for information. I'll definitely be on here a lot before I ship off to OCS.
So my question is that I'm currently 26. I turn 27 in about 15 weeks. I realize that OCS is 12 weeks long and what ever potential lead time there is getting classed up. From everything I read you must be commissioned by the time you turn 27, that leaves only a few day buffer. If for any reason I get held up in OCS will my shot of being a pilot go down the drain?

I did try to search and I mostly see info about age waivers. Does your age only get looked at during the board and then once you're past that you're home free?

Thanks for the insight. The recruiters seem dodgy and give generic answers when I ask them saying the Navy will do everything it can to get me through in time.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Don’t suck in OCS, be upfront with your class leadership (especially the Class Officer) about your age issues, and don’t suck in OCS. All will be fine.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If for any reason I get held up in OCS will my shot of being a pilot go down the drain?

My information is slightly old (2-3 years) but you have to complete OCS before 27 or you will redesignate. Ive heard of folks (non prior) trying to get age waivers only to get shot down.

Renegade One

None
I'll assume your age was not a secret to your recruiter and the others in the selection process. Do your best.

Mike_R

Thanks guys! I will let them know. Hopefully I get in the OCS class on the 18th and not 3 weeks later on the 8th.

Mike_R

The recruiter said he should have it Monday. I'm packing my things just incase I do need to leave asap.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
The recruiter said he should have it Monday. I'm packing my things just incase I do need to leave asap.

The easiest way to buy yourself extra time at OCS is to fail the in-PRT and automatically roll to the next class. If you are worried at all about passing the in-PRT, you need to be working your ass off day and night until you get to OCS. It sounds like that could be the difference in you being a pilot and not being a pilot. Good luck.