• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Sequestration, parades, Richard Gere, and the plague.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not a bad week - first Space X win and now goodbye to sequestration. F-35's for all my friends! No more OBOGS follies. Unicorns for everyone! Everyone makes O-4!
Source? My understanding is that sequestration's fate is wrapped up in a spending authorizations bill, which to my knowledge, hasn't been passed/signed. I think you're talking about a proposal, not a done deal.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Source? My understanding is that sequestration's fate is wrapped up in a spending authorizations bill, which to my knowledge, hasn't been passed/signed. I think you're talking about a proposal, not a done deal.

It's not a done deal yet. Schumer and McConnell have reached an agreement. Getting it through the House will be trickier. Neither the left nor the right wings in the House are happy with what they're hearing about it.

Sweeping budget deal would add $400 billion in federal spending, end months of partisan wrangling

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot

@Brett327 is right again - I thought it was a done deal.

Still anytime McConnell and Schumer praising each other - thats like a unicorn thing. So I suspect we are very close.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Pelosi is going to make sure it doesn't happen. Because immigrants are so obviously more important than the military, or even keeping the government open. :rolleyes:

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
If the Dems want to remain relevant in the progressive space they are trying to carve out, she, Senator Feinstein, and Senator Boxer need to go. They (and HRC) are the figurehead for everything that Americans dislike about the Democratic Party.

When I left California in 1997 I vowed to never return other than to see my mom. They are a shining example of elite liberalism applied to the masses and how horribly it can fail.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
If the Dems want to remain relevant in the progressive space they are trying to carve out, she, Senator Feinstein, and Senator Boxer need to go. They (and HRC) are the figurehead for everything that Americans dislike about the Democratic Party.

When I left California in 1997 I vowed to never return other than to see my mom. They are a shining example of elite liberalism applied to the masses and how horribly it can fail.

When I leave CA in 2020, I have the same plan. Wish I could do it sooner.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I swear, all I see in this is more spending. . . fucking ridiculous. Negotiations at this point are who will let the other side spend more, not cutting a damned thing in the aggregate.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Immigrants and military funding should not be zero sum games, yet ALL the children in DC (for years now) have made similar false “cliffs.”

BT BT

I’m still waiting for someone to defend the parade idea. The whole “give America a chance to acknowledge / appreciate the military” line is one of the most condescending things I’ve heard in a while.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Immigrants and military funding should not be zero sum games, yet ALL the children in DC (for years now) have made similar false “cliffs.”

BT BT

I’m still waiting for someone to defend the parade idea. The whole “give America a chance to acknowledge / appreciate the military” line is one of the most condescending things I’ve heard in a while.
I haven’t spoken to a single person in the puzzle palace that thinks it’s a good idea. But the way DPRK is shaping up, who knows, maybe POTUS will get his “play date” overseas soon.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
All this fucking hand-wringing over a parade? Who cares? I was there for the ‘91 ODS parade - tanks on the street, missiles on trucks, jets filling the air. Oddly enough, no one died, the defense budget wasn’t blown and everyone but bitter, small-minded people had a great time. To the best of my knowledge not one child starved to death because of that parade and social security checks went out as planned. Don’t we have real issues to worry about?