• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SEP 25 2011

tim pietrack

Just moved to this class from 28 Aug.

I've created a facebook group: US NAVY OCS 25NOV2011

Tim...SWO...21...Non-Prior/BDCP...Kalamazoo, MI

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
Are you sure this date is correct? I believe the class date should be 18 September based on the 3 weeks per class. Or were you originally correct when you posted November?

tim pietrack

The SEP 25 date is correct, I have double checked with my processor and recruiter and there are also a few others that have that date from their processor as well.

NTXRockr

Yeah well I had a class date like that before that was a 'placeholder' for administrative purposes and served as a general placement in that date area until the time came closer and orders were issued. There's a TON of people in the class the week before and it lines up with the three weeks and all, not to mention that they never hold classes within a week of each other - that being said, maybe this is an emergency situation to fill the pipeline further down the road? I dunno...regardless, I'm just trying to figure out which class dates to shoot for and hopefully Big Navy will agree. Good luck.

tim pietrack

Now I'm wondering the same thing, if the class date is just a place holder. I guess I should plan on being ready for the SEP 18 class.

SWO Bro

So tim, I'm in the same boat as you right now, I spoke to my OR who confirmed I am in 25 sept, I also saw the e-mail from command that put me from the sept 18 class into the sept 25 class. But I also saw the OCS schedule which does not have a 25 sept class. So i'm not sure what to make of this.

pensfan341

I came on here to ask if anybody knew what the protocal was for Christmas, basically, will we be home for Christmas?

If anybody hears anything about the Sept 25 date being changed please pass it on, as I am scheduled for this OCS class as well.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Christmas exodus will be the last two weeks of December this year. You can take the leave and go in the hole, or shovel snow for two weeks.

I can't verify if you'll actually be shoveling snow. When I went to Army basic training, they told us we could stay on base, but eventually they made everyone go somewhere (having battle buddies go with the other's family).

ahernandez

Regardless of if your recruiter says that's your date, until you get your orders you won't know. According to the class dates up in RI, the date for this class is the 18th of September. So there could be a class for the 25th, but this date is most likely an administrative holding date. Regardless, I'd say air on the side of caution and be ready by the 18th, in case your orders change. You should have definite orders BY the first or so of September.

NTXRockr

Orders by 01 September could be wishful thinking, as many of the guys and gals in the past three classes have received their orders in the week or two preceding that Sunday - some even received their orders on Tuesday or Wednesday the week of...when I wasn't able to make my 26 June date, someone else in my NRD was asked via email if they were up for taking that class instead of their December date. Unfortunately for him, he was out of town and missed out, so word to the wise stay by the phone/email and be ready to go for every class in the event that a slot opens up. If it were me, I'd personally remind my OR weekly that I'm ready and willing to ship out ASAP and keep my lucky bag packed just in case. I've had my "things to bring" items in the corner of my closet ready to go for over a year...too bad I injured myself around that same time, guess I was too eager to go LOL???