• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SELRES to OCS and DEERS

SeabeeIT2

Just wondering about the required paperwork for indoc. I am currently SELRES and the OCS website says you only have to bring certain original copies if your dependents are not in DEERS. My question is if I am sworn in, then released by the reserves, what is my DEERS status? Will I have to re-enroll or will I remain in the system?

Also, how the hell do they expect people to bring original driver's licenses if my wife needs it to drive? I must be missing something there.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
You should be in DEERS as Reserve-Separated. (As someone who is in DEERS in at least 3 categories right now) In theory, you would not have to re-enroll.

cBoehme

Pro Rec SWO July 2012
I'm not sure if this helps, but the OCS Website says either DL, ID, or Passprt. Just bring her Passport if it is unexpired.

jl08

pilot
When I transferred from SELRES to BDCP in 2009 I didn't have to re-enroll my wife in DEERS. I doubt you will have any problems but you can always call PSD at OTC to double check.

USAF_WX2USN

Kind of on the same topic... I'm coming from the Air Force to the Navy, does anyone know if they will take my or my husbands military ID before I leave?