• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Seeking advice on that first handgun or next weapon purchase? Ask AW!

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Ok, so I decided I was going to get a handgun. Based on my previous shooting experiences I decided to go w/ a H&K. Decided on the P30. Have to wait till Friday to pick it up, but I'll be hitting a range somewhere around here right after that. It has been a while since I've shot, so need to get back in to gear with that :)

P30_links.jpg

gotta_fly

pilot
Congrats!

I don't know much about the P30, but I have an HK USP Compact in .40 s&w and it is an exceptional weapon. From what I've heard you can't go wrong with HK.

utak

fc2spyguy, awesome deal on the H&K pistol. what ammo are you planning on using with it? Where did you buy it from?

My old buddy from OCS also got a P30, we went out to the range with it one day over at Styx River range. I found the grip very nice, especially since the USP series grip tends to be a bit blocky.

We used the cheap Walmart 115 grain target ammo, and for some reason when I shot them out with the P30, a good half of the the shell casings kept getting into my face. Same happened for two others who shot it. It was really strange cause I use the same ammo for target shooting with my P2000SK or my SIG 226R and never had that problem, so I was wondering if it was just a bad day.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I didn't go w/ the compact mainly because I don't like the feel of them. I have slightly larger than normal hands, and just never liked the feel of a compact model.

Airyk17

its a nice gun my gf's dad and I shot one with his brother in-law after thanksgiving dinner, not too much kick and I loved the grip but the trigger was a little weird(loose) and the sights were low but I liked it.

Lawman

None
Ive been wanting to pick up a P30 since it seems to be the evolution of the already robust and capable USP that I already have. Unfortunately for it, getting one is several notches down on the list. Next handgun I get will either be a small snub nozed carry gun or a Model 29 .44mag. Whichever leads the other will follow though.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now you've gone and done it. Beware. Guns are herd animals; they get lonely and need company in your safe . . .

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Well, since I live in Japan, here's what I'm armed with,

FC-209B.jpg

Oh HELL YEAH!