• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sailor Sits During National Anthem on Base

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And this is why being a Legal O or DivO is an adventure. 18 to 22-year-olds who never stop coming up with creative ways to get in trouble.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am SO glad I avoided legal school.
What I got out of that job was everyone in the squadron telling me I should have been an attorney . . . but the job market for them these days put paid to that idea right quick.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
After watching her video (and all the associated comments about NJP, court martial, etc), I'm confident my goat locker would work their magic and straighten her out. For stuff like this, why go high order with legal proceedings when all the Sailor really needs is a little khaki leadership.

hscs

pilot
After watching her video (and all the associated comments about NJP, court martial, etc), I'm confident my goat locker would work their magic and straighten her out. For stuff like this, why go high order with legal proceedings when all the Sailor really needs is a little khaki leadership.
I agree, but NJP is necessary not for this individual sailor but necessary for the X number of sailors that will copy cat this move if they see no punishment occur.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not doing NJP doesn't mean it's going to be a pleasant experience. I also don't think there are a bunch of Sailors itching to do this kind of thing either.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I think a 30/60 restriction/half pay with help get the message through even better when coupled with the goat locker 'guidance'.

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
Or put her on the color detail for 45 days and suspend NJP. So if she wants to do something stupid, you already have a route available. And by putting on dress uniform and doing colors twice a day, maybe she would learn some respect for customs and courtesies.