• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Roommate wanted in Norfolk

BUDU

I'm about to move up to Norfolk for VAW-120 and scouting for an apartment. Everybody I've talked to says to look in Ghent or Chicks Beach. I have my eye on a few places, but so far I'm not seeing too much I could afford alone (and I'd prefer a roommate anyway). I'll be in Norfolk from the 2nd through the 7th to have a look around, then moving up a few days after. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I'd do Ghent if I were you. Chicks beach is nice, but that is a long haul from Norfolk NAB/NAS with traffic. I drove 45 mins to 1 hr each way to/from my sweet house in N co. SD to work at Miramar, and let me tell you, it got old real fast. Not to mention that a socal driver high on speed/ecstasy/herion/PCP and coke + 100 beers is a safe driver compared to basically anyone with a VA license. Without question, we have the worst drivers in the US here. You will nearly be in or witness an accident almost every day here.

BackOrdered

Contributor
Not to mention that a socal driver high on speed/ecstasy/herion/PCP and coke + 100 beers is a safe driver compared to basically anyone with a VA license. Without question, we have the worst drivers in the US here. You will nearly be in or witness an accident almost every day here.

So very true...

jtmedli

pilot
I'm about to move up to Norfolk for VAW-120 and scouting for an apartment. Everybody I've talked to says to look in Ghent or Chicks Beach. I have my eye on a few places, but so far I'm not seeing too much I could afford alone (and I'd prefer a roommate anyway). I'll be in Norfolk from the 2nd through the 7th to have a look around, then moving up a few days after. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Take your time looking around up here. There are some very sketchy areas (like Norfolk in general) that look just fine on a craigslist or realtor's ad. Then you show up and it's a total mess. Downtown has some nice condos but they're gonna be 1100+ for a 1bd/1ba.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
Chicks Beach/Shore Drive is the tits. Laid back, lots to do, the tail is plentiful and easily had. You can wear boat shorts and sleeveless to any bar you want. You won't get stabbed. The beach is close. You'll never wanna leave.

Norfolk sucks. It's a ghetto and full of jabronies. For real.

KBayDog

Chicks Beach/Shore Drive is the tits.

1000336-02-00-00-00_lg.png

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Ghent is sweet, but you want to be in the heart of it. Same goes for Granby. It gets sketchy as hell on the outskirts. The beauty of living in the Ghent/Colley/Granby area? The abundance of ODU skirt.

BUDU

So very true...

As a VA driver...ouch! I'd still have to give the bad driving award to NJ or CT.

I'm definitely keeping my options open. Just want to find an affordable place somewhere I won't get stabbed that isn't way-the-fuck out there. Hopefully an actual visit to Norfolk will prove fruitful.

BackOrdered

Contributor
As a VA driver...ouch! I'd still have to give the bad driving award to NJ or CT.

I'm definitely keeping my options open. Just want to find an affordable place somewhere I won't get stabbed that isn't way-the-fuck out there. Hopefully an actual visit to Norfolk will prove fruitful.

Ouch? I was expecting an apology ;)

And if fruitful means what it means for USAA when they raise your auto insurance then, yes.

MasterBates

I'm paying less for two cars with full coverage in Wyoming than I paid for just my beater truck in Norfolk.

Even with Abby totalling a five month old 4runner.

Hampton Roads insurance rates are retarded.

Sent from a van down by the river via Tapatalk

phrogpilot73

There was an article in the Virginian Pilot a couple months back that indicated that Hampton Roads was the most dangerous for traffic in all of Virginia. Something like every 15 minutes there's an accident, and every other day someone dies on the roads here.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
There was an article in the Virginian Pilot a couple months back that indicated that Hampton Roads was the most dangerous for traffic in all of Virginia. Something like every 15 minutes there's an accident, and every other day someone dies on the roads here.

And on that rare occasion when it snows.... Call your XO and ask for emergency leave since you don't want to risk you life on I-64 when there's snow on the ground!!!

MasterBates

Truth. I lived less than 3 miles from gate 4, and when it snowed 2 years ago I ended up walking to work. It was faster.

Sent from a van down by the river via Tapatalk