• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reporting to RI on 12 April. Anyone else?

dsafford57

Hey all- I got the good news on the boat 2 weeks ago. I've got orders for RI for 12 April, and follow on orders to Flight school. I was looking to introduce myself to and help anyone who has questions for a prior fleet guy who got his chance of a lifetime. Also, I'd like to meet anyone else is classing up around the 12th. Good luck to all, and hope to hear from you.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Congrats! Do well and don't FVCK it up! And be a team player at OCS. You may be a prior, but you are on the SAME LEVEL as the non priors, so be a team player!

Congrats again!

dsafford57

Thanks for the advice... I'm not an ego guy, and I'm looking to fit in seamlessly. Is that some animosity I hear against priors? Do priors tend to standoff?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
No. Priors were overall great assets to us for helping us learn about the Navy from an enlisted perspective and sharing sea stories. HOWEVER, there were some that thought they knew more than non-priors when problem-solving situations came up at OCS, where a prior has no more experience as an officer than a non-prior.

I actually had a prior who was a roommate at one point who talked to me as if he knew SO much about the Navy and talked like he was an expert when he got picked up for OCS from Nuke school. He went from a TRACOM to a TRACOM and acted like he was an expert....what a tool.

Priors are a VERY important part of any OCS class, just don't be THAT guy....

FSF17

pilot
Congrats man... you'll be in Newport for some nice weather, and by then, all the wrinkles will be ironed out... so it shouldn't be "too" bad for you. Have you figured out what class you'll be in and what DI you'll get?

BTW, the gals in Newport love a candio on liberty.

dsafford57

Bogey- duly noted. I'll even stomp THAT guy for you.

FSF- I have not figured out my class or DI. Is there a place for me to do that? I'm just trying to figure out how to get out of Japan...

Cams1215

If all goes well i'll be reporting sometime between then and the beginning of May. I would recommend flying out of Japan, swimming (while it would be a good workout) might take just a little too long....:D

FSF17

pilot
Bogey- duly noted. I'll even stomp THAT guy for you.

FSF- I have not figured out my class or DI. Is there a place for me to do that? I'm just trying to figure out how to get out of Japan...

The DIs rotate classes, and classes come in every 2 weeks or so. A recent OCS grad or a candio would be able to tell you who you'll probably get...

dsafford57

If all goes well i'll be reporting sometime between then and the beginning of May. I would recommend flying out of Japan, swimming (while it would be a good workout) might take just a little too long....:D

Thanks for the gouge on the swim... I would have hated to get to Hawaii and thought... "Screw it."

xgrafcorex

Well, if you do decide to give up when you get to Hawaii, at least it's a nice place to visit. :icon_tong

I just got my orders today, I'll be checking in on the 13th of April. Glad it got pushed back too! Having lived in south Florida for the past 7 years, I wasn't really too thrilled about winter weather in RI.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Hey all- I got the good news on the boat 2 weeks ago. I've got orders for RI for 12 April, and follow on orders to Flight school. I was looking to introduce myself to and help anyone who has questions for a prior fleet guy who got his chance of a lifetime. Also, I'd like to meet anyone else is classing up around the 12th. Good luck to all, and hope to hear from you.

Congrats bro. I'm a prior that also got picked up for pilot and start OCS tomorrow. Hopefully the weather warms up a bit before you get here mid April. The wind chill a couple nights ago was 6 degrees!! See you in a month and a half!

dsafford57

Well, if you do decide to give up when you get to Hawaii, at least it's a nice place to visit. :icon_tong

I just got my orders today, I'll be checking in on the 13th of April. Glad it got pushed back too! Having lived in south Florida for the past 7 years, I wasn't really too thrilled about winter weather in RI.

Yeah, I feel ya on the weather. I've got some New England friends that say it will still be a little chilly, but it can't be as bad as January, and won't be as bad in June. Congrats, and I'll see you there...

dsafford57

Congrats bro. I'm a prior that also got picked up for pilot and start OCS tomorrow. Hopefully the weather warms up a bit before you get here mid April. The wind chill a couple nights ago was 6 degrees!! See you in a month and a half!

Nice... Be nice to us juniors when you get to be the senior class. I see your crewmen's wings and a C-2... Can I put two and two together with that, or were you on different airframes?