• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question for current Plc candidates

User1993

I know that you can be accepted into Plc even if you go to a community college. But how often does this happen? How many (if any) of your fellow candidates are enrolled at a community college? Also, once you're accepted and begin the selection phase does the selection board let that negatively affect their decision? I know that people in my situation have been accepted before, but I've heard selection is very tough right now.

-thanks

Freedom's Fist

Went to Juniors this summer, out of 65 candidates in the platoon maybe 8-10 were from community colleges. The selection board will take your school into account. Top tier schools (i.e. Stanford, Harvard, UC Berkeley, Notre Dame) will get the most points, next will be State schools, and finally community colleges. Essentially it means that the rest of your package will have to be more competitive for you to get selected. So, although it's not impossible it will make getting selected harder. You can make up those points you lost with high PFT, good letters or rec, leadership experience, etc.

User1993

Went to Juniors this summer, out of 65 candidates in the platoon maybe 8-10 were from community colleges. The selection board will take your school into account. Top tier schools (i.e. Stanford, Harvard, UC Berkeley, Notre Dame) will get the most points, next will be State schools, and finally community colleges. Essentially it means that the rest of your package will have to be more competitive for you to get selected. So, although it's not impossible it will make getting selected harder. You can make up those points you lost with high PFT, good letters or rec, leadership experience, etc.

Thanks for the insight bro. How was jrs? What are your stats? Are you air/ground/law? Yes I'm playing 20 questions with you now haha

Freedom's Fist

You're welcome. Juniors was good, excited to get back and finish seniors and get this going. Stats: Air contract, 7/7/7 ASTB, 286 PFT, 3.3 GPA at SFSU, Good letters of rec, some leadership experience, and some decent hardships throughout my life. My two biggest tips for getting selected is communication and giving a shit. Make sure you stay on top of all communication with your OSO & act accordingly and put in the time and effort into this. You would not believe how many applicants flake and/or don't put in any effort. Don't be like them and you will make it to Quantico despite the community college thing. Best of luck to you!