• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question about Delaying Kit for December Board

banjosquirrel

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to pull an already-submitted kit in order to submit it to a later board in the event that I get a Pro-Rec Y that I cannot accept right now.

As much as this is something I've avoided having to deal with, I'd really like to know what my options are. I've been trying to make a board for over a year now, and finally my kit is submitted and ready to go for the Dec 8 SWO board. However, I've had a major family health emergency take a turn for the worse, and it's something that I need to devote my time and attention to for the next year, maybe two. I don't want to go into too much detail, but as much as it hurts to say this, if I were accepted to OCS this December, even if it meant I wouldn't leave for a number of months, I'd have to turn the slot down, and I know that that basically makes it impossible to be accepted later on down the road. Even though my package is already submitted could I have it pulled now and resubmit it in six months to two years? I know it'd have to all be redone since everything would expire. I just want to know if having it pulled would take away all chances of OCS for me.

If it makes a difference, I have a good job that I could stick with during this time, and I'm on track to earn promotions which would make a stronger package later. I really want to be a SWO but I have to take care of my family right now.

Thanks.

exNavyOffRec

If I was your recruiter I would ask what the family emergency is, I had a person that declined a spot because a family member became ill (terminal), and my candidate wanted to spend as much time with this person as possible, when the family member found out that this person had declined a spot they were not happy, this person told my candidate that putting this person life on hold is not what was wanted and that no matter what they were doing to die so the best thing that could be done is for my candidate to go on with life, be successful and make everyone proud, this person now flies jets, and is married.

so... have you talked to your family member to see what they think? do that then tell your recruiter what is going on.

banjosquirrel

If I was your recruiter I would ask what the family emergency is, I had a person that declined a spot because a family member became ill (terminal), and my candidate wanted to spend as much time with this person as possible, when the family member found out that this person had declined a spot they were not happy, this person told my candidate that putting this person life on hold is not what was wanted and that no matter what they were doing to die so the best thing that could be done is for my candidate to go on with life, be successful and make everyone proud, this person now flies jets, and is married.

so... have you talked to your family member to see what they think? do that then tell your recruiter what is going on.
I haven't talked to my family member about this problem specifically, although she was not a fan of me joining the military from the start so it's something that I need to figure out on my own. I really want to be an officer, but this is both an issue of getting more time with this person as well as being the person that the responsibility for care is falling upon. I really just wish I could delay my package from going to board until this is all over and then try again.