• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PS3 Vs XBOX 360

Which do you plan on buying (or would you buy), if any?

• Total voters

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Why would you not put the Wii or We or Oui...or whatever the hell that thing is named in here?

tjamz1

Mefesto said:
The corner stone of beating up on your friends. Anyone know if the 360 will play regular xbox games, and interface with the Xbox when LAN'd together?

the 360 plays some of the xbox games, usually the more popular ones, I'm not sure if you can connect it to a regular xbox

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Mefesto said:
The corner stone of beating up on your friends. Anyone know if the 360 will play regular xbox games, and interface with the Xbox when LAN'd together?

It has an "emulator" which plays about 200 of the original Xbox games (including Halo), however, it is not 100% reverse compatible. There are periodic updates to that list via Xbox live though...

snake020

Contributor
If you can afford to wait until after the holidays / supply meets demand / the good games start coming out, go with PS3

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
Wii has Zelda, plain and simple. Besides, if your going to spend $600+, buy a computer and download any emulator/game you want. If i was to spend $600 on a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE, it better be one hell of a technological advancement... I just don't see it. The games have slightly better graphics, but nothing to justify that kind of change. I'd rather spend it on hookers and blow.

snake020

Contributor
The games have slightly better graphics, but nothing to justify that kind of change.

If you have an HDTV set like me that goes to 1080 resolution, it's worth it for the Blu Ray player alone. Price will eventually come down as component production ramps up and matures...

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I'd say PS3, but I'd wait for a few months if possible. Main reason is that Sony had to rush to get it out for Christmas and the potential for programming bugs is great (similar to the original Xbox)

snake020

Contributor
The only hangup I do have on PS3 is the removal of Dual Shock. Quickly noticed that when playing Ace Combat on PSP - I suddenly find myself going into a stall without warning, whereas on PS2 the controller gave you that extra feedback.

Lawman

None
Xbox 360

The PS3 is not and never has been a long term plan as far as Sony is concerned with it. They have already stated multiple times that if it does not meet the arbitrary sales goals they have set there will not be a PS4 and PS3 production and development could be shortened or all together halted.

Sonys big deal is Blu Ray, and they are praying that it succeeds in the High Def war that is currently going on. Sony backed Blue Ray and Microsoft backed HD DVD, currently HD DVD is kicking the crap out of the Blu Ray in terms of sales, availability, and performance. Should Blu Ray fail (and its looking like thats becoming more and more likely) PS3 will suffer in that Sony will simply not put the money into the system that Microsoft will dump into the 360 and future platforms.

HarveyBirdman

Okay, So whats the Speed of Dark?
Yeah, Im loyal to sony.. Plus Ace Combat 4,5 and the new "zero" wont play on an xbox.

-Beat Each on Ace mode 6 times.