• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pro Rec'd and waiting on Final Select

Status
Not open for further replies.

navyjeff94

Final Select for Supply - 23 Apr 05 class
I was pro rec'd last week for Supply and am waiting for my final select message with my class start date (no issues with my meds or security screening so I'm not worried there). I'm hoping for January but I don't know if they would have me leave that soon or not.

Does anyone who recently received their orders know how long it takes?

ducam23

Supply Corps - BDCP 2007
It took about a month to get my final select after my pro rec. Yours will be in January because of the holiday and such. The wait sucks, but it's worth it. I actually didn't recieve my orders until a week after I swore in but that may be because I'm BDCP.

gnorman911

If you are off the street your wait could be up 9 months, but then again that was for pilot. Supply seems to class up quicker...

navyjeff94

I have already finished college (twice) BA and MBA. I am also prior navy (9 glorious years as an enlisted YN).

I'm hoping to leave sooner but my wife is hoping I leave later. Thanks for your responses.

twidget

Deskaholic
Jeff,

You mean you're hoping to get your final select and go to OCS next month? If that's the case; you've got to be kidding me! The wait for OCS is usually 6-12 months after final select. Hopefully I'm just misinterpreting what you're asking, because if you're just hearing about this, someone really dropped the ball (i.e. recruiter).

I know it was a huge shock for me when I found out. I was hoping for a 1-2 month wait as I had already waited over 4 months just to get an answer back. Then when it finally came, they said I would have to wait another 7 months to go to OCS.

BTW, congrats on getting this far. I was an ET for 13 years before I finally got to OCS and so far it's been great. OCS is no picnic though,, especially for us old folks. Do yourself a huge favor and get in the best shape you possibly can before you go. Even if you have to wait a year before leaving, start busting your butt now.

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
wow... This long wait thing is news to me. my recruiter made it sound like I'd find out if I was final select three months after turning in my app (I'm at 2 months now) with maybe 3 months after that (6 total) to go to OCS.

I'm getting married in September so I was hoping to to by April at the latest. I get on here and I see people saying their whole process took a year or more. Oh well, I honestly don't care when I'd get to go, as long as I'm accepted I'll be happy.

bigsur009

waiting not so patiently for OCS...
Yeah, I'm at the very beginning of a 10 month wait between final select and OCS start up date. Guess the good thing is that it won't be 800 degrees with 150% humidity in October huh? Good luck Jeff.

navyjeff94

Thanks all for your feedback. Any information at all is great to have. I know I'm probably dreaming about leaving early but the idea is nice.

I completely agree about using the time to get into shape. I'll use my time wisely. I am 30 after all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.