• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRO-REC Y SWO

csabol

Hey everyone. CTT2 Sabol here, recently received a pro-rec y for SWO off the 24 AUG 15 board. I am fairly new to this site, originally made an account to find some real information on SWO boards and believe it or not, this site was actually the first place I found reliable information.

A couple of people on the other thread in the OCS forum expressed interest in creating a new thread for us to post in and I agree. I think it would be a good place for us to share information as we prepare for OCS. Maybe we can gather what we know and turn this thread into a collective source of SWO-related information. So feel free to post here, introduce yourself and share anything you think might be helpful.

A little bit about myself, I'm 25 years old, male, obviously active duty. I went to college at Xavier University in Cincinnati, OH where I earned both my bachelors and masters in Criminal Justice. I'm a Navy brat myself, born in Washington State at the Naval hospital in Bremerton but I refer to Connecticut as my hometown. I've also lived in Hawaii for three years and Italy for two along with a few other states.

For those who don't know, CTT is Cryptologic Technician Technical. In more than very basic terms, my job, if I did not apply for OCS, would be to do maintenance and operate the equipment the ship uses to stop missiles from going boom on the ship...so it is a pretty important job. Thankfully people don't really fire missiles at US Navy ships that often. Fun fact, the last missile to hit a US ship was back in 1987 when Iraqi aircraft fired at the USS Stark during the Iraq-Iran war.

I haven't been in the Navy for very long, but chose one of the best rates for advancement purposes. I went to boot camp in March 2014 and was push button to E-4 after graduating A-School. Due to being push button, myself along with all the other push buttons were eligible to take the E-5 exam the following March, of 2015; I dropped my package the same month. Fortunately, our advancement rate was 100%, meaning if you passed the test you advanced. Unfortunately our schoolhouse pipeline is one of the longest in the Navy. Like I said I went to boot camp in March of 2015 and finished my last school this past June and I've been in holding ever since, awaiting OCS results. Now I get to wait some more. So I have yet to do something exciting with my time in the Navy but am very eager to get out there, work hard and do good things.

That's all I for now, please feel free to introduce yourself and share anything you've got, I'll add whatever you all have to offer to this post to make everything easily accessible. Hope you're all ready for a lot of hard yet rewarding work!

Here is a good site with a lot of good information to prepare for OCS http://www.ocs.navy.mil/

I've also been advised from multiple people to look into reading up on the nautical rules of the road. Quick search on amazon shows this http://www.amazon.com/Nautical-Rule...86&sr=8-1&keywords=nautical+rules+of+the+road

MIKEH

Just checking in. I was selected a couple days ago so I wanted to at least say hello and join a thread that will help prepare us for OCS and share some useful info as well. I am coming out of Cincinnati, OH as well and have been working in finance since leaving college a couple years back. Looking forward to saying goodbye to the desk job!

How's it going CTT2, EM1 Champagne here, pro rec y as well same board. Congrats again and wanted to check in on this thread.
Little bit about me, I've been in for ten years roughly at five commands to include the Kitty Hawk, ACU units, and MSRON as well as Coastal Rivron. If you went to boot in 2014, I would have been your swim instructor due to me working at rtf as a civilian.
I am really looking forward to OCS and it will be nice to meet some perspective candidates on this thread. Congrats again and look forward to hearing from you.

SharkBait

We should add our stats in so other people know what kind of score are getting picked up. I was selected on the 24th as well, active duty AC2 up at whidbey island, WA.

• 26/Male/E-5
  • B.S. in Aeronautics and a Minor in Management, 3.35 GPA
  • OAR 56 AQR 6/ PFAR 6/ FOFAR 4

Outdoorsman

Hey guys, how's it goin. Pro Rec Y from 8/24. Currently I'm an administrative assistant at a surgery center and do a bunch of random stuff around the center. Definitely thrilled about the Pro Rec Y. I guess quick stats for anyone interested:

Male, 25
MA in English, 3.75 GPA
OAR 53
Non Prior

The only person in my family to join the military was my grandfather in the army, albeit non voluntarily. So this is all very new to me, but very exciting. I've been constantly surprised and impressed with how many times active / retired members of the Navy have gone out of their way to help me through this process, some knowing me very little, most not knowing me at all. Definitely confident I made the right choice, and thrilled I got my first choice of SWO. I knew I wanted to apply for OCS halfway through the masters program but decided to finish before I started the process. I'm glad I did that too because it probably helped getting that Pro Y, plus I had loans for the first half already anyway. But I've had my heart set on this for a while.

Male 28 yrs old
3.6 gpa Crim Justice
10 yrs prior service 6 active 4 reserve with sews and small craft pin
54 OAR
Prior GS 7 civilian at RTC Great Lakes

csabol

Male 25 years old
Active Duty E-5
50 OAR
B.S Criminal Justice 2.98 GPA
M.S Criminal Justice 3.31 GPA
Excellent PFA
100+ volunteer hours
2x LORs (O-5, O-6)

MIKEH

Male 25 years old
Non-prior
B.A. Finance
3.46 University of Cincinnati
45 OAR
Good professional experience in the Finance world.

irish08slasher

Irishslasher
Male, 23
Bachelors in Political Science, 3.0
OAR 61
Non Prior

I graduated back in January and until recently was working with a Reservoir Simulation Modelling Company based out of Beijing. For those unfamiliar with the jargon, we sell software that allows petroleum companies to 3d model oil fields. My goals are currently graduate OCS, get assigned to the best ship in navy, engage in a naval battle to rival Trafalgar or Midway in it's impact, and use my status as a war hero to get elected as President.

But seriously, I look forward to working with all of you.

ducks15

Male 22 years old
Non-prior
B.A. Political Science
3.3 GPA
50 OAR

I graduated in May, and am currently working in the executive protection field. I'm hoping to eventually go RIVRON or VBSS, on board a CRUDE. If anyone has any information about these two paths plesae share!

Maybe i'll see some of you at OCS

I graduated in 2013, and have been working towards this ever since. After a few hiccups (working with 3 different recruiters, having to run down 11-year-old medical records, making the mistake of listing SWO as 3rd once) I couldn't be more thrilled to finally be moving forward.

Anyone swear in yet, or scheduled to get sworn in this or next week?

Stats are all in the signature.

MIKEH

Does anyone have any information/educated guesses regarding timelines from this point moving forward?