• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK max refraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefalo

Is there a maxiumum refraction diopoter prior to PRK? If there is is this waiverable to? My vision is -7.25 which I think is disqualifying for pilot but what about NFO? Also is there a max refraction requirement to become an officer in any field even though its correctable to 20/20? My second choice would be SWO and dont know if that has vision restrictions like pilot or NFO. Thanks.

Whatsisname

Blind as a bat
You still might be ok for pilot. You may have to wait longer after the PRK operation before you will get the waiver though. 0 - -3 or -4 you have to wait 3 months i believe, -4 to -7 or -8 you have to wait 6 months..... Whatever the specifics are you should check up on everything, you may not be out of luck. I have the documents on my computer at home, when I get back later today I'll post them for you.

Beefalo

Ok cool good info. Hopefully I wont be -8.0 in the upcoming months but the way my vision is it probably will. :(

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone know a good number to the San Diego Navy PRK people? The number I have no one answers and I can't find another.

Beefalo

Yay thanks guys. I pretty much given up on ever flying for the Navy for the link says -8.0 is the max. I was going to settle for SWO community if ever chosen.

But now I have 3 potential options. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.