• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK in the Canadian Air Force

justin.c

Despite being a Canadian citizen, I've been lurking these forums for a long time. The Canadian forces finally approved laser vision correction for pilot applicants, a policy change I've been waiting for for years.

Just thought I'd throw a thank you out to all the info I've found here and the personal stories I've read as its been a tremendous help on clearing up the questions and concerns I've had about getting the procedure done.

I apologize for posting a brand new thread with nothing entirely useful to contribute. So mods, feel free to move or delete. I just thought the members of the forums deserved a thank you, because despite being Canadian, I've been able to apply a lot of useful information from Airwarriors to my own questions/concerns on getting surgery done in order to be eligible as a pilot with the Canadian Forces.

Cheers,

Justin

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Glad to hear about other military policies. Congrats on your new chance at a military flying career, and welcome!