• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK Flight Physical Timeline

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
How long after my PRK do I need to wait before having my flight physical again? I'm a PLC complete college Senior. I was told I need to have a 6 month post-op with my doc and then have that BUMED approved before I can even schedule another physical. The source that gave me this info has given me bad gouge in the past, though.

This also conflicts with some information I've seen posted in other threads, which may be outdated.

FTR: I had surgery on one eye that was at -0.5 (whatever unit) before PRK.

Thanks,
Matt

MattWSU

pilot
Contributor
Update. Just got word that myopia less than -6.00 only has a 3 month wait, so I should be golden. Additionally, that will put me within the one year window of my last flight physical and I won't have to take another one.

Hopefully this thread will help somebody else down the line.

shutout39

pilot
The Flight Nurse in Newport told me its 6 months for PRK AND LASIK. She said they won't even look at anyone not at 6 months. Where do you plan to go for your flight physical 3 months post op? Because I want to go there!

Mxdamien

If you are an applicant it's a mandatory 6 months. But if you are current active duty then it can be 3 months.