• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK Enhancement surgery

Spence

Does anybody here have experience with the PRK touch up procedure? I had surgery done on March 22, and my left eye may or may not correct down to 20/20. I had my procedure done at TLC with the enhancement surgey included in my package.
Does the Navy dislike the touch-up process?

rdw

I'm in the same boat. Surgery done mid March, was 20/20 in both eyes by early April but then my right eye regressed.

The doc said no enhancement earlier than 3 months (which seemed almost too brief from what I read). I also have haze in the right eye which can be there one morning and gone that afternoon.

So, going to see the doc at the end of June, if stabilized then we're going to do an enhancement. Also said something about some chemical poured over my eye during the procedure to eliminate and prevent haze from reoccurring.

Quite frankly the whole thing is making me nervous and I'm considering shelling out even more $$$ for a second opinion.

Spence

I'm in the same boat. Surgery done mid March, was 20/20 in both eyes by early April but then my right eye regressed.

The doc said no enhancement earlier than 3 months (which seemed almost too brief from what I read). I also have haze in the right eye which can be there one morning and gone that afternoon.

So, going to see the doc at the end of June, if stabilized then we're going to do an enhancement. Also said something about some chemical poured over my eye during the procedure to eliminate and prevent haze from reoccurring.

Quite frankly the whole thing is making me nervous and I'm considering shelling out even more $$$ for a second opinion.

Do you know how the waiver process works after getting the enhancement? I wonder if you have to just wait out the 3 month waiver after getting the enhancement. Also, what is your right eye's vision?