• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK countdown...

KCRSXTypeS

T-minus 30 min. until I go under the laser...I am really freakin excited. I know it will probably hurt like a bitch afterwards but its all going to be worth it! Ill give an update to how I am feeling a little later.

Brn N Rubr

I just had mine last Thursday. Went in 20/200 and now already at 20/40 as of the 5 day post-op. A couple days have sucked, but it's not too bad. Best of luck!!!

KCRSXTypeS

Here it is a few hours after surgery...hurt for the first 30 min. after surgery...I couldn't keep my eyes open without them watering. I took my first few drops, took my pain meds, slept for 3 hours. Now I feel fantastic. I can see great! I was at 20/40 before the surgery and I can already tell that I see better. I have 0 pain, no light sensitivity, cant tell yet if I am seeing halos because its not night. This is a great experience thus far and it only cost me $2000.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Here it is a few hours after surgery...hurt for the first 30 min. after surgery...I couldn't keep my eyes open without them watering. I took my first few drops, took my pain meds, slept for 3 hours. Now I feel fantastic. I can see great! I was at 20/40 before the surgery and I can already tell that I see better. I have 0 pain, no light sensitivity, cant tell yet if I am seeing halos because its not night. This is a great experience thus far and it only cost me $2000.

Go to sleep, dumbass. Quit straining your peepers on AW. Sleep as much as you can until you are off your pain meds (you aren't done yet).

(FYI, I just had it last Thursday)

Jeff29

Science Project
I know that you're excited, but I really hope you are not spending a bunch of time on the computer. Like others have mentioned, REST YOUR EYES. If you had just had knee surgery, would you be out running today?

RighteousMile

Cry Freedom
Halos

Even if you were to see halos at night after PRK, would that be considered disqualifying? (for sna or nfo)

KCRSXTypeS

No, Im spendin almost no time on the computer. I am resting my eyes, just giving updates.

To the poster 3 posts above...if you have halos and you are taking your physical and they ask if you see halos/starbursts you answer NO!

I did take a nap today though and now am starting to see funny. They told me this would happen as I started to fully heal. Im starting to see ghosts, if I look at an LED clock I can see a faint ghost of the numbers down and to the left. I don't know if its my healing or the contacts though.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I don't know if its my healing or the contacts though.

Probably both. I was fogging, tearing, going waay dry, blurring doubling. Halos didn't see much of a problem, but I couldn't read shit at distance. Then the night before I had the contacts removed I was seeing CRYSTAL. Had them removed, now everything is shifting, blurring again.

This all takes time.

KCRSXTypeS

Well, starting about halfway through the day yesterday I began seeing starbursts. When I woke up this morning everything I look at has ghosts down and to the left. My eyes are really uncomfortable and Im using the pain drops about once an hour. Im trying to rest them. Im sitting inside with the blinds closed and am wearing 100% UV blocking sunglasses. My eyes are definetly healing and I am definetly ready to get my contacts removed. Im trying to stay off the computer but I have an assignment due online tonight at 2030 so I will have to get online at least once more today.