• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle_sc

STA-21 Non-select
Well I had the surgery this morning at 0930. All went well, and I am back at my friends house to recover. Right now I have little to no pain at all, and my vision is not too bad. Everything is a little blurry, but not much worse than having your eyes dialated. I hope the pain doesn't get any worse, but so far I'm happy with the procedure. I'll keep this post updated as my recovery continues. :D

sublime259

give it a few hours, the you'll feel it!! I had a soft, reusable ice pack that I kept over my eyes for a couple days following the surgery, and that helped a lot.

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
I'm impressed you're able to type/read a monitor. Things sure have changed in two years.

turtle_sc

STA-21 Non-select
like I said the pain isn't bad at all. Should I expect it to get worse? Also, my vision wasn't too bad before surgery...20/40 and 20/60...

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
wait till you wake up tomorrow, it'll be like you went blind. It'll get worst untill they take out the contacts, so don't panic.

turtle_sc

STA-21 Non-select
NeoCortex said:
wait till you wake up tomorrow, it'll be like you went blind. It'll get worst untill they take out the contacts, so don't panic.

so far so good. I actually was seeing better this morning, it's just hard to focus on anything upclose for too long...

caeli

congrats on the surgery. when I got mine done, I was fine more or less the day of the surgery, but the next day I was unbelievably sensitive to any light whatsoever. but after then it was fine ... so don't freak out if that happens

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
yeah, I'd avoid trying to read for a few days. Don't strain stuff too much. And your vision will fluctuate for the first few weeks. I was seeing double three weeks after my surgery but the next day was fine.

Dennyism

I was in the October 7 batch for the surgery, and I am having a rough time now. My vision will not stay in focus for more than a few seconds, and I am going through a crazy supply of artificial tears. I am thinking that going back to work today is going to be really fun being a computer technician.

turtle_sc

STA-21 Non-select
Dennyism said:
I was in the October 7 batch for the surgery, and I am having a rough time now. My vision will not stay in focus for more than a few seconds, and I am going through a crazy supply of artificial tears. I am thinking that going back to work today is going to be really fun being a computer technician.

Tell me about it. It's been 6 days since the surgery, and everything is blurry. I checked back in from leave this morning at 0700 and assumed the watch at 0715..oh yeah lots of fun. Obviously I can see well enough to type, but it's not easy. My eyes aren't very dry and the light doesn't bother me too much. How long was it before things were not blurry?????

:confused:

NavyOCS

I had PRk about two months ago and I still have a slight bit of astigmatism. After about 4-5 days my vision got noticly better every day. Then about week two it leveled off and has been changing ever so slightly. My next eye appt. is tomorow. So I will see if I am 20/20 yet.

sublime259

I actually have a slight astigmatism too in my right eye. I got it done 2 1/2 months ago, and prior to the operation, i never had an astigmatism. Im counting on it going away thouhg when im completely healed

Status
Not open for further replies.