• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prior Service for Pay Purpose

elitewillie

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if my time in prior service counts when my pay is calculated during OCS. I know you get paid as an E-5 while you are there, but will I be paid as a new E-5 or an E-5 over 4 years. Thanks in advance for your response.

Will

Trainwreck

Got a little captain in ya?
Your prior service counts. Start thinking of all the beer you're going to drink on Liberty with the saved Basic pay and Prior duty station BAH (nice if you lived in HI). Good luck at OCS. Don't believe all the gouge you hear prior to reporting.

lewisville1863

I just swore in yesterday. There was nothing in my contract about O1E. My processor told me that they would handle it before graduation. Does anyone know if this is typical. I do have 5 years active.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
I just swore in yesterday. There was nothing in my contract about O1E. My processor told me that they would handle it before graduation. Does anyone know if this is typical. I do have 5 years active.

It's not a contract thing. If you are not getting O-1E pay then just go talk to PSD.

flopper

Just make sure you have all pertinent paperwork about your service history handy wherever you go.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
lucky bastards

I found this out simply by complaining. I picked up E-6 the year before I went to OCS. E-7/O-4's automatically rate 3 bedrooms. I argued that I was an E-6 and instead of moving up 1 rank which would have earned me a 3 bedroom I moved up several more and got commissioned and all I got was a 2 bedroom 1 bath. I had a pregnant wife and a 2 year old at the time. So someone finally in housing who overheard my argument said "Oh you do get a 3 bedroom if you are prior enlisted." I live in housing now and I have seen some people get screwed because they don't tell them. Now however the housing is PPV. They offered a month or two ago to let anyone move into larger houses if there were available regardless of their number of kids.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I found this out simply by complaining. I picked up E-6 the year before I went to OCS. E-7/O-4's automatically rate 3 bedrooms. I argued that I was an E-6 and instead of moving up 1 rank which would have earned me a 3 bedroom I moved up several more and got commissioned and all I got was a 2 bedroom 1 bath. I had a pregnant wife and a 2 year old at the time. So someone finally in housing who overheard my argument said "Oh you do get a 3 bedroom if you are prior enlisted." I live in housing now and I have seen some people get screwed because they don't tell them. Now however the housing is PPV. They offered a month or two ago to let anyone move into larger houses if there were available regardless of their number of kids.
No, no you misunderstand. Your post said Prior E's rate no kids.