• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Prior Mids/Cadets Applying to OCS

Cougars15

Hi I wanted to start a page for prior Service Academy or ROTC cadets trying to get into OCS. It's a very long, long road back after falling from grace but I think it's possible.

At least I hope it is. I'll start:

Prior Midshipman or Cadet: Midshipman-USNA-2014
Reason for Separation: Lied on Height for CAT V weigh ins
College GPA: 3.30 (English & Secondary Ed)
OCS Program(s)Applying For: SWO/Supply/Intel

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
When you are disenrolled from NROTC, your CO has an opportunity to recommend or disrecommend you for future officer programs, and that's on one of the forms. If the same is done for USNA, that will be telling for your chances going forward.

Cougars15

When you are disenrolled from NROTC, your CO has an opportunity to recommend or disrecommend you for future officer programs, and that's on one of the forms. If the same is done for USNA, that will be telling for your chances going forward.
Where is it?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It certainly can be done, and I've known people who did it. Even knew one guy who was booted from the Academy, did a few years in the Fleet as a white-hat, then applied, was readmitted, graduated, and has had a successful career. But as you can probably imagine, the particulars of your case will get a lot of attention. The Navy loves a good 'born again hard' story. So be prepared to tell the honest truth about what happened, what you learned from it, how it affected your attitude and determination to serve - all that jazz.

Cougars15

It certainly can be done, and I've known people who did it. Even knew one guy who was booted from the Academy, did a few years in the Fleet as a white-hat, then applied, was readmitted, graduated, and has had a successful career. But as you can probably imagine, the particulars of your case will get a lot of attention. The Navy loves a good 'born again hard' story. So be prepared to tell the honest truth about what happened, what you learned from it, how it affected your attitude and determination to serve - all that jazz.
Thanks I'm trying to find or hold onto some hope of service or hope of anything going in my favor. Lately, I've had more doors closed in my face and no sympathy from anyone which is life but it doesn't make it any easier.