• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pre-ship PFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwabenprinz

I took the PFT at mini-ocs and I completely bombed the pull ups. I injured my shoulder snowboarding that same week so I could only do 3 pullups before being overcome by pain. My question is, can they take away my plc slot for this or can I retake my pre-ship pft. I've been accepted to the six week PLC jr's for this summer. Any input would be appreciated.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
If they don't think you're ready, given the results of your pre-ship PFT, you probably won't ship. If you can't do pull-ups because of a shoulder injury, you probably won't be able to climb ropes, walls, etc. In addition, they give you an initial PFT at OCS and if you fail it they send you home before the start of training. SO, if it's bad now, they won't send you so as to avoid you getting sent home from Quantico and wasting valuable government tax dollars that could otherwise be spent on things that kill.

Schwabenprinz

I can do a helluva lot more pull ups than 3. I just need some time to heal my shoulder. Considering this will can they still take away my PLC slot?

-------------------
This space for rent

FrogFly

As I stated earlier, if you cannot perform to the level expectation prior to shipping, they will probably have someone else fill your spot. Or, if you're leaving 1st increment, they may move you to 2nd increment to see if you heal.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Well.. that shouldn't have been your Pre-Ship PFT yet if you are going to PLC this summer. The Pre-ship is done within 30 days of shipping to OCS. So don't worry, you will HAVE to take another PFT. If your shoulder is too jacked up to do pullups you will have other serious problems at OCS so just let it rest until its better... If you are going first Increment than you can't take your Pre-Ship until at least a week from now (and can take it later than that if your OSO will allow), and if you are going in July then you have until June to take it. Good luck.

Schwabenprinz

Thanks for the info Taxman, its good to hear from someone who has been there. Frogfly, obviously you didn't understand the goddam question.

-------------------
This space for rent

FrogFly

I've actually been there you jackass. Don't go getting all huffy with people just because you can only do 3 pullups. Besides, those are questions you should be asking your OSO and possibly a doctor. Do you think the people on this forum are the ones who will decide if you will ship to OCS? If you're going to get all sensitive about simple replies on this site, you're really going to get your feelings hurt by the OCS staff in Quantico. Try not to be such a cry baby next time.

squatrrs

FrogFly & Schwabenprinz,

First of all both of you need to understand that respecting others is very important, especially FrogFly, since you have been to OCS, and I don't see much between you two. Many questions on this board should be asked towards the respective OSO, but then if everyone did that who would be on here asking questions and starting these great discussions? I agree with you FrogFly in the respect that your OSO is truly the only person who can answer that question, but others can give some good insight into Schwabenprinz's problem. Schwabenprinz, I think you should use some good judgment about your situation. If it hurts, get it looked at. If it really was your pre-ship PFT (which it may be, because mine will be more than 30 days before I ship) I would think that your OSO would definitely understand and say to you to heal and get ready for PLC. He most likely will want to see another PFT when you're ready BEFORE you leave. Just don't fool around with any injury, especially your knees or shoulders! Good luck to you at PLC this summer and congratulations to you FrogFly for making it to OCS.

Schwabenprinz

Klostman, thats correct I was accepted last January. I remember you were accepted also, was it for jr's?

-------------------
This space for rent

klostman

the happy dance!
Correct, I was accepted for Jr's last December. Amazing, I finally found somebody else going to Jr's. Do you think that shoulder is gonna be ok come end of May? I've got a nagging little shoulder pain. Fortunately, it only bothers me on things like shoulder press and incline bench. Pullups are ok.

Schwabenprinz

I'm hoping it will heal by the end of this month, it's not so bad. It would be a disaster to have to go without doing a pullup till June. I've been doing curls and some light push ups, hopefully that will keep me solid. Yeah, I know what you mean about meeting people who are going to jr's. When do you think we will find out what company we are in?

-------------------
This space for rent

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Originally posted by Schwabenprinz
When do you think we will find out what company we are in?

There are only two company's of Juniors all summer- 1 first increment, 1 second increment. So you don't really have to worry about what company you will be in. Unless things are different than they have been the last two summers, both of you will be in India Company. You won't know for sure though until the day that you show up, when they will write a letter on one of your hands, and a number on the other. The letter is the company (Probably an I), and the number is your platoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.