• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot training age limit for prior or current service officers

Tex232

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can confirm the age limit for Naval pilot training, for those who are prior or current service officers. For example, if I was a 27-28 year old former Air Force officer, would I be able to possibly receive a waiver if I had already spent 4 years on active duty with the AF? Some sources on here claimed that the limit for pilot is 27, waiverable up to four years of prior active duty time. However other sources I looked into claimed it was 26 and only waiverable up to 24 months for prior service. Much obliged if anyone can clear this up.

Thanks

Last edited:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I need to contact the AOCM sometime but from my experience OSTs have been a "slim to none" process. I'm not saying don't do it, but be prepared to face a NO.

exNavyOffRec

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can confirm the age limit for Naval pilot training, for those who are prior or current service officers. For example, if I was a 27-28 year old former Air Force officer, would I be able to possibly receive a waiver if I had already spent 4 years on active duty with the AF? Some sources on here claimed that the limit for pilot is 27, waiverable up to four years of prior active duty time. However other sources I looked into claimed it was 26 and only waiverable up to 24 months for prior service. Much obliged if anyone can clear this up.

Thanks

agree with RUFIO, my first AOPS was a former NA, we had a OS pilot -60 that wanted to come to the USN, the guy had been in like 6 years and AOPS called his contact back at NPC for the guy and he said it was slim to none, something like 0 or 1 per year.

Good luck, if I was you I think it would be good to at least talk to the AOCM

Tex232

agree with RUFIO, my first AOPS was a former NA, we had a OS pilot -60 that wanted to come to the USN, the guy had been in like 6 years and AOPS called his contact back at NPC for the guy and he said it was slim to none, something like 0 or 1 per year.

Good luck, if I was you I think it would be good to at least talk to the AOCM

Forgive me, I'm a little unfamiliar with some of the acronyms.

AOPS, OS, and AOCM??

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Meh, I didn't really know what an ECM or OCM (or AOCM) was until I had to deal with them professionally after 15+ years in the Navy (and/or I actually knew them personally).

OCM= Officer Community Manager
AOCM= I'm guessing Rufio means Aviation OCM.

Tex232

Meh, I didn't really know what an ECM or OCM (or AOCM) was until I had to deal with them professionally after 15+ years in the Navy (and/or I actually knew them personally).

OCM= Officer Community Manager
AOCM= I'm guessing Rufio means Aviation OCM.

Thanks. I googled it and kept getting Master Chief Aviation Ordnancemen haha