• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Phrogs Phorever

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
What's the deal - Phrogs getting upgrades?

Silly me - I thought Phrog upgrades came in the form of this thing called the V-22! This stuff should have been deployed to '46's ages ago!

Phrog2006.jpg

ChuckMK23

pilot
Phrog Combat Loss Last Night

FYI...

A CH-46 Sea Knight helicopter went down northwest of Baghdad on Wednesday about 20 miles northwest of the capital.

phrogpilot73

Yep me too. Sorry to see it.
I don't know about you, but for several minutes (hours) after watching that, I couldn't stop thinking about what the crew was thinking/saying/doing. In a heartbeat, I was back in the old girl's cockpit and experiencing it... Maybe it's because I knew one of the pilots, maybe its just because it was a Phrog, maybe both.

Anyone else really want to stand up and say, "There's only one country in this world that's detonated a nuclear bomb on another country. And we've done it twice. Keep fvcking with us."

H60Gunner

Contributor
Anyone else really want to stand up and say, "There's only one country in this world that's detonated a nuclear bomb on another country. And we've done it twice. Keep fvcking with us."

Yes Sir I do!

I have been saying that since 9/11.

Fair Winds and Following Seas to that crew and pax. I hope the families and friends find some peace.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
The video was ugly. The beginning just makes you say,"Holy sh#t! Followed by a slow sinking feeling as you watch the flames engulf the aircraft as they keep flying. Having flown a lot in the Phrog, I can really visualize what they were dealing with, and how bad things were inside that aircraft.

Every time the terrorists release propaganda videos it convinces me more and more how we need to get medieval on these bastards.

airfrogusmc

I don't know about you, but for several minutes (hours) after watching that, I couldn't stop thinking about what the crew was thinking/saying/doing. In a heartbeat, I was back in the old girl's cockpit and experiencing it... Maybe it's because I knew one of the pilots, maybe its just because it was a Phrog, maybe both.

When I was in HMM 165 (Cubi Point) anytime metal shop would work on my bird I would always be there because I liked to watch what they were doing and I was friends with a couple guys from there. Allot of the birds we flew in were in Nam D models and when they're do patch work and strip the metal you could see the patches from previous repairs and I always wondered if they were holes from rounds and if they were from incoming rounds what the crew was thinking or if anyone got hit.

I hate to see our bros getting hit like that. Sorry to hear that you lost a friend.
S/F

MasterHaynes86

yea... as my buddy and his mother have been saying since 9/11, "Nuke, pave, and set up a few gas stations"

Freakin pop shots like that piss me off...

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
This rips at my guts. All that Im allowed to say about this ... there is a lot more I want to say ... Semper Fi brothers ...

ChuckMK23

pilot
Excellent article on Capt. Jennifer Harris

Interesting that DOD finally acknowledged that this incident was a combat loss and not a mechanical failure. Personally, I'd like to beat the sh!thead bureaucrat who held this up. These folks lost their lives in combat and not because of a poorly maintained aircraft.

Great NPR story on Jennifer Harris (The HAC on this aircraft apparently). Looks like she was an amazing woman and leader. I thought the story was thoughtfully done, even for NPR.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7407239