• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Photography Thread?

Phoschek

Hey everyone, newbie civilian here. Other than being an armchair pilot, I have nothing to offer this group but my photography, which I love to display. I especially love when someone is able to recognize themselves or their jet in a shot.

I recognize quite a few names on the forum, and I know many of you are great photographers. I'm sure for those of you that fly/flew, you have an awesome collection of your own aerial photography... I thought for sure there must already be an existing photo thread, but I was UTL from browsing and the search function appears to be broken. So hopefully it's ok to start a new one that everyone can post their photos in.

My two main subjects are military aviation, obviously, and firefighting aircraft. I'm stuck on the ground for 99% of my photography, but it's kind of a fun challenge that way. When I can I try to come up with ways of either being eye level or above the aircraft I'm taking photos of, and that involves a lot of research, educated guesses, and quite a few hiking adventures and trips into the middle of nowhere around my home state of California. No doubt many if not most will already know where I am when taking many of these shots, and the places photographers like myself frequent. If you do happen to see yourself, please shoot me a PM. I'd love to know about it!

I'll start... Here are a few of my favorites from recent months:

24676015326_966c253b9b_o.jpg

24334549709_2b90566b1c_o.jpg

14942202422_bd9ed14d86_o.jpg

32120255804_400e80b879_o.jpg

9903907124_72aa6b3b95_b.jpg

32831641501_6e46dfdb18_o.jpg

30142775704_bd2a7a1ed0_b.jpg

32120676124_c0050e7d4f_o.jpg

I'd love to see shots from everyone... Keep the thread going, fill me in on what I've missed!

Phoschek

Thank you sir! I'll use that thread then. Any ideas why I'm unable to get the search function to work? It keeps responding with search unavailable when I query it.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It appears to be broken. For now, just roll with the Google machine.