• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pensacola Surf Spots

KnightFlight

Haven't seen another thread on this yet.
If you surf and live out the back gate Alabama Point is the spot to go (if and when there are waves). I've gotten in a solid 20 sessions since I found the spot, wish I knew of it sooner. Locals are friendly enough.
Don't know the spots up North in Pensacola, but I've heard the Pier and Fort Pickens get fun.
Take gulf beach highway all the way past Florabama. Go over the bridge and park in the lot for the restaurant The Gulf. Walk the sea wall down to the rocks. The break is next to the jetty.
Blonde Johns Surf Shop is the only one I'd recommend. Don't fall for the Ron Jon tourist trap.

KnightFlight

27500 Perdido Beach Blvd, Orange Beach, AL 36561
Address of The Gulf
Park on the far right side away from the restaurant and walk through the sand to the sea wall. And watch out for sand spurs. If you see a lot of cars there, it's a good day to surf. If there is no one parked there, it's probably flat.

Ryan Ensor

thanks man! im stoked for the navy but i also want to keep my love of surfing in my life somehow... so is some good info for future reference!

Surf

pilot
I've been out that way a couple times, not bad for the gulf. If you want a surf shop a little closer to Pcola/Milton, Innerlight is great.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
spclt3.jpg

Go fuckin' study, bruh!

Seriously, though. I grew up around P'cola, and the surf bros all headed to the Jax-Atlantic side any times they wanted to find some waves. There ain't nothing Gulfside, unless you want to windsurf. Which is pretty fun.

VMO4

I also grew up in the area, went to Gulf Breeze High in the late seventies. Our high school had a surf team, which existed mostly to consume Big Mac's and weed. In the winter , just east of P'Beach had decent Gulf waves, and back then was secluded enough for the other popular surf club activities. I mostly fished my way through high school.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
I also grew up in the area, went to Gulf Breeze High in the late seventies. Our high school had a surf team, which existed mostly to consume Big Mac's and weed. In the winter , just east of P'Beach had decent Gulf waves, and back then was secluded enough for the other popular surf club activities. I mostly fished my way through high school.

Solid save at the end there!

Rocki

ENS/SNA
From what I have heard and seen since Ive been up there to secure a house, Alabama Point and Ft. Pickens (near battery 234 and battery cooper) are the places to go. I recommend using a long board unless you're a 120 pound fighter. Ive also found some other sand bars and solid rights out there!

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Somewhat along the lines of surf spots...what about skateboarding spots [parks] in the Pensacola area?

I’d think there’d be at least a few skateboarding parks down there...we’ve actually got a shit ton of skateboarding parks in Cincinnati...

...and for the record, NOMEX is good for skateboarding [possibly good for surfing?]...just in case there’s some sort of fire at the skatepark [possibly at the surf spot?]...

...mad dog jr. and mad dog at one of our local Cincinnati skateparks...