• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pax River quietly doubles its F-35B "population"

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
With little fanfare, the second F-35B arrived at NAS Patuxent River over the holidays

09p00019_2.jpg

The second Lockheed Martin F-35B short takeoff/vertical landing stealth fighter arrives at the Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Md., test site on Dec. 29. Maj. Joseph T. "O.D." Bachmann piloted the aircraft nonstop from Lockheed Martin's Fort Worth, Texas, plant to Patuxent River, successfully completing aerial refueling en route. (USMC photo)

Pags

N/A
pilot
Saw one of them in the pattern the other day with a F/A-18 chase bird. So I got that going for me, which is nice...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think it is a CGI picture. On Dec 29th there was ice in the inland water at PAX. Don't see any there!

It's the real deal. Were you flying over the base that day?...things look a wee bit different from that altitude.

getthumbnail.aspx

USMC Photo

Yankee Uniform Tango
I think it is a CGI picture. On Dec 29th there was ice in the inland water at PAX. Don't see any there!

Don't think so. The lighting, the jet exhaust is all proper...not that it's that difficult to photoshop, but seriously, why would they bother?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't think so. The lighting, the jet exhaust is all proper...not that it's that difficult to photoshop, but seriously, why would they bother?

I am acquainted with the photographer and she doesn't go there.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
I didn't mean to imply that...it's quite obvious the picture is real, and it's a beauty.

I'll be honest, my first instinct was that it was so nice-looking (clean, the sheen of the paint) it was CG. Maybe this means real-life is catching up to Avatar and not the other way around!

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
I'll be honest, my first instinct was that it was so nice-looking (clean, the sheen of the paint) it was CG. Maybe this means real-life is catching up to Avatar and not the other way around!

Give it a couple weeks. Corrosion control will have it patch painted appropriately.