• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Package withdrawn by HQ?

ericchan

I was curious if my situation is familiar to anyone and whether or not anyone might have any insight:

Turned in a pretty strong package for Intel, which I heard was in fact held on April 2nd, but my recruiter said that my package was withdrawn by HQ for unknown reasons. My stats are strong (MA in International Relations, 3.75 GPA, 56 OAR, tons of letters of recommendation from a Rear Admiral, a couple of O-6s, O-5s, etc, abroad experience, the green light from the Navy's medical evaluation that I went through, etc).

Why would HQ withdraw my package? Was it just a numbers thing where my package didn't make the cutoff - I would have at least anticipated that I would have been looked at and rejected if that was the case? Any insight would be great.

Thanks

ericchan

Perhaps, but my recruiter said only my package and another person's package was pulled. She has no idea why. I would have suspected that many more packages would have been pulled if they were not going to select any Intel candidates at the IDC board.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Perhaps, but my recruiter said only my package and another person's package was pulled. She has no idea why.

As she is your Recruiter, it seems she should know who/where to contact for an answer to your question. Do you know if she has tried? On the optomistic side, it's possible they were pulled aside as best potential for future openings, just a thought.:)
BzB

ericchan

She is currently trying to figure things out for me now. She did mention something along the lines of Intel boards were not held. However, when asked if other applicants had their packages pulled as well, she said she didn't know. She said she didn't know for sure if Intel boards occurred or if there was a cutoff - but she said my package was turned in on time. I'm not sure what to do/believe as I cannot differentiate hearsay vs. fact.

She also mentioned that Intel boards are going to be closed for at least two years? I'm not sure.

exNavyOffRec

I have had direct conversations with the PM for INTEL, ALL were pulled, unless they listed something else as a choice, most all have been withdrawn already, mine have.

This may help explain, the new system CIRIMS is crap, the old system a PM or anyone at NRC could go through 100 or 120 applications a day, with CIRIMS the most they have done in one day is 30, generally they seen to average 20, and they had to withdraw 400+, and they still have to process the selects, FS documents, etc...