• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GOUGE On Adsw and was told i was mob'n

Brendan1979

Recently on adsw and then told 150 days to report. Can they cancel adsw like that? I know they changed it but everyone thought that this wkuld never happened.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Recently on adsw and then told 150 days to report. Can they cancel adsw like that? I know they changed it but everyone thought that this wkuld never happened.

What exactly are you asking and what exactly is happening? Are you on ADSW and it is being cancelled so you can get MOB'd? If so, I haven't heard of that happening and you should work with your chain of command to find out what can be done to help you. Everything I have been told was when you are on ADSW you don't get MOB'd, once you are off orders though you are fair game.

Brendan1979

Thanks and yes proof reading. Sorry tryping it out at 3 am. Well the reserve compnonent command said tough hes going. Adsw is cancelled. So im screwed. Any documentation you know of?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks and yes proof reading. Sorry tryping it out at 3 am. Well the reserve compnonent command said tough hes going. Adsw is cancelled. So im screwed. Any documentation you know of?

Unfortunately it appears so, I just found this newsletter and it has the following:

ADSW, ADT, recall, etc. Unrestricted population Reservists may accept long‐term active‐duty orders (ADSW, ADT, recall, etc.), but mobilization orders take precedence over other orders. As a result, a member serving on other orders may still be identified and mobilized, possibly resulting in an order modification to existing orders.

More info:

Additionally, the ADSW program should not be used to protect a Sailor from being mobilized, nor will the identification of a sailor for mobilization automatically result in termination of ADSW orders. Due consideration and coordination between the supported command, the community manager, Commander, Navy Reserve Forces Command (COMNAVRESFORCOM), and Navy Personnel Command (NAVPERSCOM) (PERS-4G2) shall be exercised before mobilizing an ADSW Sailor.

Long story short, be careful about MOB'ing folks on ADSW but it isn't prohibited.

Last edited:

Brendan1979

1. ommunity manager, Commander, Navy Reserve Forces Command (COMNAVRESFORCOM), and Navy Personnel Command (NAVPERSCOM) (PERS-4G2) shall be exercised before mobilizing an ADSW Sailor.

So that means they should go to other people first?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Community manager, Commander, Navy Reserve Forces Command (COMNAVRESFORCOM), and Navy Personnel Command (NAVPERSCOM) (PERS-4G2) shall be exercised before mobilizing an ADSW Sailor.

So that means they should go to other people first?

Yes, but it leaves enough room to still MOB folks on ADSW.

Brendan1979

Copy thank you for your help in explaining it. Please let me know if there is anything I can provide to get this ADSW to continue. I figure putting it out on a board more people can take a look at it. I have a new born at home, so that takes up most of the time.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
So you're saying since you have a new born and limited time, others should use their time to do the research about your situation.

Brendan1979

No no. I have a new born and busy with this ADSW / Mob'n......gives me plenty of time to do computer / phone research. But only can go so far.....