• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Photos making a return

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Our admin-o sent out a notice to the wardroom that photos will be returning as a requirement for statutory boards. Anyone else hearing this? Looks like I’ll need to dig out the khakis...

Python

pilot
Contributor
I think it was always a requirement to be in your record. Just removing it as a reviewable item during boards was the change. It looks like they’re undoing that. In any case I still never did mine and never will.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I think it was always a requirement to be in your record. Just removing it as a reviewable item during boards was the change. It looks like they’re undoing that. In any case I still never did mine and never will.
Promotability? Last time I sat a board and when photos were reviewable item on the screen, those without one suffered as compared to their peers who did have one.

Python

pilot
Contributor
Promotability? Last time I sat a board and when photos were reviewable item on the screen, those without one suffered as compared to their peers who did have one.

What type of board did you sit in on?

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Maybe since now you can't get the boot for failing PFAs, they want to see exactly how fat and nasty someone is before promoting them.

This is a good thing! It's not often we get to be happy that the Navy did something right! Have you seen fatties wearing a flight suit? The only thing holding it together is the zipper...those metal tangs are hanging on for dear life!

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
This is a good thing! It's not often we get to be happy that the Navy did something right! Have you seen fatties wearing a flight suit? The only thing holding it together is the zipper...those metal tangs are hanging on for dear life!
Nothing worse than seeing someone who refuses to get a replacement for their api flightsuit. Just admit it, you gained a shit ton of weight since then. Keep the old one for motivation and get a new damn flightsuit.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
giphy.gif

waitasecond.jpg

Could it be????? Timeframe checks out... :rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::D

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Back in the day....late 80s..... they had a NAVADMIN stating that the photographers were not to wrap the person’s torso in seran wrap or lie them on the floor on a background while taking the picture from above in an attempt to make the subject look “more fit”.

The pictures were being used extensively by promotion boards and officers were shopping for the “best” base photo labs and photographers.

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Run away as fast as you can! The Army does this nonsense. I get it. "We can use the photo to screen out shitbags." That's the good part. The bad part, at least for the Army, is it turns into a nightmare in getting your office record brief (ORB) to match/sync with your photo. I took my latest photo back in February of this year. At the time it was accurate with regard to awards and regulations. We have to update our photos anytime we receive an award Army Commendation medal or higher, or once every three years. Last week I learned our LONG delayed awards for deployment are being awarded early November. My promotion packet is being submitted the second week of November. So I have to build a ribbon rack with my anticipated award, along with some other BS award I had no idea I was eligible for despite being in the Army for 10 years, plus service bars and a governor's award for hurricane relief. Then, I have to setup an appointment at least a month out because "It's the photo lab." If anything on my ORB does not match my uniform my packet is rejected. We had a female warrant have her packet rejected because someone on the board thought her wings were on crooked. They weren't. She just had 'bumps' in here uniform that made the wings not lay right.

Edit: Forgot to add that while reviewing my ORB, an Army Achievement medal I knew nothing about showed up in my record. Turns out it was from 2015. Nobody bothered to tell me about it. F' it. Time for a La Gloria Cubana Serie R.

TLDR; Use the photos to screen out shitbags. Don't use them as a uniform regulation trivia game/minefield to reject or delay promotion boards.

Last edited: