• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 08 boards

Let's kick it off! Who's up for the October boards?

My stats:

Applying (1) SNA (2) SNFO (3) Supply

- 22 year old male
- ASTB: 7/7/9 - 56
- 3.42 GPA - Temple University (Finance), May 2008
- Haven't taken the PRT yet, my times though: Run - 9:30~10:00, SU ~60, PU ~60... these are all estimates
- LOR's: (1) director of business honors program (2) professor (3) church pastor
- no prior flight experience

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
I completely understand your excitment, but isn't this a little early, technically you can make the Sept SNA/SWO/SNFO boards, they meet around the 15th, contact your recruiter. Though if you are going to wait, do all of your final select stuff early: MEPS, PRT, NASIS Form, etc. You will be glad it is all done now, it will also DQ you (don't stress, I'm sure you are fine) before you get Pro Rec'd should anything be wrong with you. It will be harder on you to hear you were DQ'd post Pro-Rec than pre-pro-rec. It is a win win to get it done before hand if possible.

Now on to the good stuff, you have great test results, but you should work on your pushups and situps, your run is at the outstanding level. You should also try to get some interviews with LCDR NAs or above. It will boost your package and give you a perspective on what to expect in training and your potential career. Good luck man, keep everyone update!

PigzFly

Packages have to be submitted by the first of the month to be reviewed by the board that month. If his package has not been submitted already, he can not get it in to be reviewed this month.

However, having the rest of the stuff done can actually strengthen an applicants package. So I do agree to get as much don as possible and submit everything you can.

PIGZFLY, you're right, I didn't have my package ready by the 1st of September so I'll be going for October. And yes, I am excited so this is a bit early but whatever.

I'm visiting MEPS this or the coming week and will do my PRT before month's end so I'll be submitting FINDDOCS as well as MEDDOCS (spelling?) together. You're right about the pushups being a bit weak but I still have a few weeks to get them up.

As far as an interview with a LCDR or higher, how do I go about doing that? Is that something my recruiter can schedule? I know some retired officers (CDR and CPTN) if that counts. Do they have to be active duty?

Lobster

Packages have to be on the 1st of the month, and if I remember correctly the August and September boards were both started pretty early in the previous months...

nugget61

pilot
... You should also try to get some interviews with LCDR NAs or above. It will boost your package and give you a perspective on what to expect in training and your potential career. Good luck man, keep everyone update!

How does one go about getting an interview setup? I don't know any officers and hope to make it to the Oct boards (and my recruiter waits for a pro-rec before doing MEPS, PRT etc) so I need what I can to strengthen my package.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
The first of the month, that is not nessecarily true, though recruiter will often say that. The package can be submitted up until the day before, if there are opening in the selection board. Recruiter also like to give themselves a few days to allow for packages to come back for corrections. If your recruiter says you missed it then I guess you have to wait or him, best not to piss him off.

That is a bummer about MEPS, it makes sense because the military doesn't need to waste any money processing you if you don't get selected. Again a bummer, it is just your recruiter.

As for the interviews, my recruiter sent me a list of Supply Corps officers and advised me to email them to setup an interview. My advice is to contact a local NROTC or Naval Base and ask for an interview from an officer in your community. You are not the first person asking this, so they should know how to help. I got in touch with one, and he referred me to about 5 others. I ended up with 5 interviews, well worth it. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

ASHWND

(BDCP) Supply Corps OC
Packages have to be on the 1st of the month, and if I remember correctly the August and September boards were both started pretty early in the previous months...

You are quite right, but the October board has been started before August supply board results have been reported, so I still feel it is quite early. But early is better than late, more time to prepare and ask questions.

I remember starting the August post after the July 15 deadline for SNA/SNFO had already had passed. So I feel it was appropriately started... Haha. Everything should be started earlier foe proper question asking and feedback.

Everyone going for October, please put your ASTB, GPA, etc., so everyone can get a feel for the competition

Lobster

You are quite right, but the October board has been started before August supply board results have been reported, so I still feel it is quite early. But early is better than late, more time to prepare and ask questions.

I remember starting the August post after the July 15 deadline for SNA/SNFO had already had passed. So I feel it was appropriately started... Haha. Everything should be started earlier foe proper question asking and feedback.

Everyone going for October, please put your ASTB, GPA, etc., so everyone can get a feel for the competition

So they're all chomping at the bit big time, I was no different, if I could have started the july thread in may I would have haha. :tongue2_1

nugget61

pilot
So they're all chomping at the bit big time, I was no different, if I could have started the july thread in may I would have haha. :tongue2_1

And here you thought I was going to be the one to start off Oct :D

Once I know my package will indeed make Oct I'll post my stats - till then, lets hear from all of y'all that know you made it to the board!

How does one go about getting an interview setup? I don't know any officers and hope to make it to the Oct boards (and my recruiter waits for a pro-rec before doing MEPS, PRT etc) so I need what I can to strengthen my package.

I already asked that...

craftynation

stats

50/5/5/5
3.01 gpa history
high school water polo all america 3 yrs in college at top ten d1 school
2yr captain in HS
4 years in sales after graduation
5 jobs after I grad college with all good recs and a solid interview with a navy captain

going for pilot and both types of SWO

8:56 1.5 mile 69 curl ups 83 push ups

IM hoping for the best....seems like thee are some dudes out there with great astb scores....