• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS - March 23, 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_riddle

60 bubba
Hello everyone,
Well, i just recieved word that i was selected for a naval aviator spot!!! I swore in today and now its all running, sit-ups and push-up for me. Are there any others planning on being in this class?
lwr

Mahler

el_riddle,

Check your date again... 23 May 2002 is a Thursday. Classes definitally don't start on Thursdays. It might be 18 May, or maybe 25 May.

James

mattlowery

James, ummm, I believe that says March, not May, and that is a Saturday I believe. anf el_riddle, I am in that class also. However, I got my letter in the mail today, and it said February 23!!! I called and the recruiter said they have March, so hopefully they are getting it fixed. I definitely could not go in February, hehe.

Matt

mklepac

Come on guys, i'm sure you wanna join the Feb 23rd class! ;) -- just 1 month left as a civilian!

Matt -- ya might wanna have a camera with you when you tell your employer...the look of surprise on their faces is truely worth remembering!

mattlowery

dude, too funny. when did you tell them? i wish i could've been a fly on the wall and seen that. did you talk about it for awhile, or did you just tell them and that was it? i am going to take advantage of a nice business trip to Chicago and then tell them when i get back, hehe. we were going to go on the trip back in November, but it was postponed, so i think i am owed the trip anyways, ya know? i'll get back to your investments email as soon as i get a chance. haven't forgot about you. oh yeah, i talked with the LT today and he said that the day is March 23, just a screw up on the letter. whew! i'd love to go in the Feb class if i had time to get everything situated here, but that's not the case. I'm taking a vacation to Vegas with some friends at the end of February, should be awesome! Vegas Baby Vegas!

mklepac

Yup, they know! My direct manager just kinda looked at me. We then talked about it for a while and he was -ok- with it but in complete shock! I had to talk to the director too and his only question was "there's no negotiating this?" and I said no and he basically told me to get out of his office! Everyone else has been real supportive and congratulated me for 'following my dreams' etc...some are even jealous!

Ok man, while you're in Vegas having fun i'll be sweatin' it out in OCS!

Grunt

Haha! I am not really looking forward to telling my boss, assuming I get through the jungle of red tape I'm stuck in. He's a former SWO himself and is bound to have a heart attack.

Mike the Grunt

el_riddle

60 bubba
man the last couple of days have been a blur. neither my recruiter nor i though i would leave until july when the new fiscal year begins. thank God for small gifts. anyway, my name is luke...i don't know why i didn't put it on there to begin with.
so what are you guys doing to prepare your selves...i could definately use the advice!
lwr

mklepac

Hi Luke:

Congrats on getting in before July!

I'm basically doing a lot of running, situps, pushups, and pullups. Couple other things in the gym. One thing I took advantage of was my company sponsord a "boot-camp" at it's rec center. We had over 20 people sign up...only about 4 of us made it! (It really wasn't difficult at all).

Unfortunatly I havn't done any swimming...i've called several places and they either arn't open during the winter or they won't let me purchase a temp pass (YMCA). I was surprised by that!

And of course...studying the gouge!

Mike

mattlowery

what a prick! he told you to get out of his office?? forget that piece of crap.

Luke: I was told i wouldn't be going until July either, but then I got selected for March also. I have always been somewhat of a runner, so I have been running, doing some situps (crunches), and working out. But like I said, I've always done a lot of that, except for the situp part. I am going to start memorizing the gouge soon. Talk to you all later!

el_riddle

60 bubba
hey guys,
great to hear from you. i was running with my brother's high skool cross country team, but after that ended, so did my running. quite a humbling experience at first...i was a swimmer in high skool, and never big on running, so the first couple weeks, even the girls beat me :) oh well, that didn't last long.
so a bit more about myself, for what its worth...i live in the meca of college basketball, lexington, ky. its a fairly nice city and the night life is alright. i substitute teach right now, which i love truly.
well, i need to bust out of here. have a good one. peace.
lwr

kraused

el Riddle,
Congrats on your pilot acceptance! My application was sent in about two weeks ago so I'm still biting my nails waiting for a response. I put on my application that I would be ready to leave for OCS in mid March, so if I get selected there is a good chance we'll be in OCS together. Out of curiosity, how long did it take for you to get a response from the selection board? Thanks for your info, I'll get you posted as to my status.

Dan

el_riddle

60 bubba
Dan,
thanks. it took about a week and a half to two weeks to hear back, if i remember correctly. i hope you class up with us. good luck.
lwr

el_riddle

60 bubba
hey matt,
i got the same notice about having to report on feb. 23rd. i guess that was a pretty broad mistake. sorta confusing. well, talk to you guys soon.

luke

Status
Not open for further replies.