• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Date Postponed

Praxis

Hello all,

I received my Final Select letter for the Intelligence Officer program in April with an OCS date of June 2, 2013. About two weeks prior to leaving, I received a phone call from my recruiter letting me know that my date had changed to July 14, 2013. Roughly one week ago, I received another phone call from my recruiter telling me that my date had changed again to August 4, 2013!

I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and has had their OCS date postponed as well? Does anyone know if it is just an Navy Intel occurrence, or is there anyone out there from ANY community that has experience with this happening to them?

Thanks everyone!

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and has had their OCS date postponed as well? Does anyone know if it is just an Navy Intel occurrence, or is there anyone out there from ANY community that has experience with this happening to them?
Class assignments for OCS can be a very fluid program, as adjustments are often required as candidate situations change, and class 'mix' must be tweaked. S**t happens in the Navy as well as on the outside, you will learn to be flexible. Relax, smile and "Soldier.. er, Sailor on", at least you still have a date not a CX, and that's a GOOD thing!:)
BzB

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
People get moved around. One of the things they have to take into account is how many people are in each class. A class needs to be big enough to justify splitting it into two companies, and thus putting two drill instructors, 2 RDCs, and 2 LTs on a class, or small enough that no split is necessary. In the last umpteen classes there (at least 06-13 to 15-13) only one was not split in two, so some of the DIs have had to double up. I would imagine that they want to avoid that and are doing some reshuffling accordingly.

exNavyOffRec

Praxis had asked me about this in a PM and I said he should make it public to see if anyone else was shifted, moving of OCS dates is very rare, everything that LFCFan talked about happens before any FS letters go out, and to be shifted from one FY to another FY is even more uncommon, what this says is they had either a goal change or too many people that were "pro Y" actually followed through, generally what has usually happened in this case is a goal reduction, that is what has happened nearly everytime this has occured.

Praxis

Thank you all for your responses! It will be interesting to see if anyone else was shifted as NavyOffRec mentioned. I will be standing by in the meantime as I continue to ride my wave of excitement.

Rathcr

Praxis,
My OCS date has not been shifted at all, but I am also set for the Aug 4th date. Let me know if anything changes with your date, I'd be curious.

exNavyOffRec

Praxis,
My OCS date has not been shifted at all, but I am also set for the Aug 4th date. Let me know if anything changes with your date, I'd be curious.

If you are in August then you are a FY14 accession, Praxis was FY13 moved to FY14, that means they had too many in FY13, probably due to OCS redesignations, this is not the best news for those trying for IDC that will be FY14.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
If you are in August then you are a FY14 accession, Praxis was FY13 moved to FY14, that means they had too many in FY13, probably due to OCS redesignations, this is not the best news for those trying for IDC that will be FY14.

I was redesignated Intel about a month ago. About six other NPQs were turned down. I'm still classing up for FY13, so perhaps it is my fault you got pushed back :p