• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS class date question

djguernsey

Pro-Rec SNA - OCS Class Date 27 May 2012
They begin on Sundays and occur every three weeks from what I understand. Mine is set for 27 May 2012. Why do you ask?

ravioli

Oh ok, that's good. When I was filling out my application I put the 21st as the day I could start OCS, but my nephew's first birthday party is Sunday the 20th so that does not seem feasible now. The 27th would be much better. My OR said that I might not end up going until July anyway, but I was stressing out about it, because I did not want to miss my nephew's birthday party. Thanks for the info.

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
Oh ok, that's good. When I was filling out my application I put the 21st as the day I could start OCS, but my nephew's first birthday party is Sunday the 20th so that does not seem feasible now. The 27th would be much better. My OR said that I might not end up going until July anyway, but I was stressing out about it, because I did not want to miss my nephew's birthday party. Thanks for the info.

The question I have to ask, is your nephew's birthday party THAT important in the grand scheme of things?

ravioli

The question I have to ask, is your nephew's birthday party THAT important in the grand scheme of things?
If the Navy was to tell me you have to be in Newport, RI for OCS on the 21th of May or you don't get the job, than no it's not "THAT" important and he obviously wont remember me being there, but it is my first and only niece or nephew so it is important to me. I also have a wedding the 19th of May. But it seems that I wont have to worry about this because the dates are the 6th and the 27th of May and since I put the 21st as the soonest available on my application, the earliest I would be going is the 27th. Plus my OR said he thinks the earliest is July.