• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Application - Sealed Record

DJohnS

Hi all,

I have already submitted my application for OCS. I have one thing on my criminal record, it is a MIP (minor in possession) of alcohol from when I was a teenager. It happened when I was a minor and 5 or more years ago so it is sealed from my record. I have tried and cannot obtain these records from the court. My recruiter even had me bring a form to the courthouse and they wrote on it that they cannot release any documents because my record is sealed, and had the chief deputy clerk sign and stamp it. My recruiter even tried to call them and get the records and they wouldn't even acknowledge that I have a sealed record.

Yesterday my recruiter contacted me and told me that I need to obtain those records (after my application has supoosedly already been submitted) and that we cannot move forward until I get those documents.

My questions are as follows:

Since my recruiter is requesting more documents from me, does that mean my application has been pulled from this board?

What am I supposed to do in regards to obtaining my juvenile arrest documents, since they are seemingly unobtainable?

Does the board really need these documents after I have already provided a statement about the incident, and provided proof that the records are unobtainable because they're sealed?

I apologize for the multiple questions and long post.

Any thoughts or replies would be very helpful.

Thank you!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi all,

I have already submitted my application for OCS. I have one thing on my criminal record, it is a MIP (minor in possession) of alcohol from when I was a teenager. It happened when I was a minor and 5 or more years ago so it is sealed from my record. I have tried and cannot obtain these records from the court. My recruiter even had me bring a form to the courthouse and they wrote on it that they cannot release any documents because my record is sealed, and had the chief deputy clerk sign and stamp it. My recruiter even tried to call them and get the records and they wouldn't even acknowledge that I have a sealed record.

Yesterday my recruiter contacted me and told me that I need to obtain those records (after my application has supoosedly already been submitted) and that we cannot move forward until I get those documents.

My questions are as follows:

Since my recruiter is requesting more documents from me, does that mean my application has been pulled from this board?

What am I supposed to do in regards to obtaining my juvenile arrest documents, since they are seemingly unobtainable?

Does the board really need these documents after I have already provided a statement about the incident, and provided proof that the records are unobtainable because they're sealed?

I apologize for the multiple questions and long post.

Any thoughts or replies would be very helpful.

Thank you!

https://www.airwarriors.com/communi...5-may-2017-swo-board.44847/page-7#post-878063

No need to create two separate posts just to have your question/s answered.