• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS applicants and selects in Charlotte, NC

bgoman

Wasn't really sure where to put this but I hope this the appropriate place.

I was just accepted yesterday to OCS for SWO. Today I signed the papers necessary to get my background check going and hopefully, I will have an early-summer class date according to my recruiter.

I wanted to post here and see if there are any other OCS applicants in the Charlotte, NC area who wanted to train/study and prepare for OCS on weekends. I exercise 6 days a week and have been doing so for over 3 years. I've also downloaded the required memorization information from the OCS website and would like to meet with anyone else who wants to prepare. Let me know! Thanks!

Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance!

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

I was just accepted yesterday to OCS for SWO. Today I signed the papers necessary to get my background check going and hopefully, I will have an early-summer class date according to my recruiter.

I wanted to post here and see if there are any other OCS applicants in the Charlotte, NC area who wanted to train/study and prepare for OCS on weekends. I exercise 6 days a week and have been doing so for over 3 years. I've also downloaded the required memorization information from the OCS website and would like to meet with anyone else who wants to prepare. Let me know! Thanks!

As a fellow Carolinian, I have only one piece of advice: Do NOT, under any circumstances, go to the Charlotte MEPS station for your MEPS physical. Go to Raleigh or Shaw AFB or Ft Jackson or Ft Bragg. The doctor there is a hack and will do everything he can to attrite you.

Congratulations on your selection!

Just some friendly insight based off of what I have heard:

There are SWO selectees from summer 2014 (me) still waiting on our ship dates, and have been told July 2015 at the earliest. Given the October 2014 SWO board as well, if you just recently got selected for SWO (this past board) I have no idea how your recruiter got early summer as a possible date. Only exception is if you're age critical/have some type of special circumstance, based off of what I have seen.

I really hate to be "that guy"; very glad to hear you got selected. But, early summer isn't what I would be expecting...Unless anyone else who's heard differently can chime in.

bgoman

Congratulations on your selection!

Just some friendly insight based off of what I have heard:

There are SWO selectees from summer 2014 (me) still waiting on our ship dates, and have been told July 2015 at the earliest. Given the October 2014 SWO board as well, if you just recently got selected for SWO (this past board) I have no idea how your recruiter got early summer as a possible date. Only exception is if you're age critical/have some type of special circumstance, based off of what I have seen.

I really hate to be "that guy"; very glad to hear you got selected. But, early summer isn't what I would be expecting...Unless anyone else who's heard differently can chime in.

Appreciate it and noted. No special requirements here, but so far, the most reliable info I've gotten has actually been from my recruiter. He said after my NASIS clears, I'll sign enlistment papers and get a class date soon after. Several people on here gave me bad advice and told me that I would never be selected because I didn't get an answer for 8 months, among other things. Applied 18 June 2014, selected 27 Feb 2015.

Regardless, at least I have an answer. Sooner is better but I couldn't care less when I go. When were you accepted? Odd that they would keep accepting people they don't actually have slots for...but I guess that's how the government works. Better get used to it.

AllAmerican, thanks for the tip but I already went to the Charlotte MEPS to get a physical before my application. Unless I have to go again, the doctor was actually really friendly, asking me about my application and how things were going. He said I'll make a great officer lol.

AllAmerican, thanks for the tip but I already went to the Charlotte MEPS to get a physical before my application. Unless I have to go again, the doctor was actually really friendly, asking me about my application and how things were going. He said I'll make a great officer lol.

There were three doctors at MEPS Charlotte when I went. One seemed pretty bad, the other two were very respectful and direct. I got lucky. Very weird experience though to be the only OCS guy in amid like fifty guys enlisting that day, and my recruiter pitched me there half an hour before the station opened. Lots of confused waiting before the first guy showed up to open up the building.