• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

O-4 Select FITREPs (aviation)

Dr. Gonzo

So if you're a 1310-type and survived O4 selection, and are essentially a "lame duck" JO, how does that affect your younger JOPA brethren's FITREPs until you promote? Is the CO forced to burn a precious EP on your final O-3 FITREP to ensure you don't "regress" as an MP, thus depriving a deserving O-3 of an EP?

hscs

pilot
All true, but watch your trait average compared to previous reporting cycles. You are still an O3 and a decline in your trait average could be interpreted poorly.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
There's nobody in your current command you can ask about this? See above posts for your answer- O-4 selects are their own fitrep summary group, although your fitrep timing is based on the rank you're currently wearing.

Make sure your most recent paper got submitted as a "selected" fitrep, or PERS will reject it, and you won't necessarily be notified. I found that out the hard way on a routine record check 2 weeks before my DH board. And oh yeah, do an online record check. You never know what needs fixed.

Last edited:

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Maybe he's an undecover O-3 trying to figure out his chances of getting an EP but there's an O-4 select in the mix.

Dr. Gonzo

From his bio:

Pensacola, FL

New aviator livin' the dream

And he joined 3 months ago.

But maybe Ken's right. He's a plant, already sharpening his knife for the Hinge world.

Haha ya I'm pretty new. I've been reading about all the horror stories about aviation O-4 promotions on AW and trying to arm myself with as much information as possible. Probably should spend less time on AW and more time studying!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Haha ya I'm pretty new. I've been reading about all the horror stories about aviation O-4 promotions on AW and trying to arm myself with as much information as possible. Probably should spend less time on AW and more time studying!

No, more time screwing off and drinking. After some studying.

Of the couple thousand things you need to worry about now this is near the bottom of the list right now, about the same importance as knowing how much a combo cover for a CDR is.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Wait, you're an ENS? Dude, go grill something, have your favorite tasty beverage, and hang out with your friends. Study smart and enjoy life- there's plenty of time to learn about crap like this on your 1st shore tour.

Recommend end of thread.