• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Application For Commission

Alright folks,

I've been busting my ass the last few weeks putting this together. I was sick and tired of locating all of the necessary forms as well as filling out the same information on every sheet. I took the time to create an interactive PDF document that populates all the fields for you as well as hold almost all of the required documents needed for a GENOFF package.

HOW IT WORKS: You the applicant just need to fill out the first page and that info is then automatically sent to every other page of the PDF. I managed to configure the PDF so that as long as you have the latest copy of Adobe Reader, then you can save the changes you make to the file.

WHAT I NEED: If you find any bugs, let me know. I did a pretty good job of scrubbing the document but maybe I missed something. Tell your recruiter, he will definitely appreciate the work and will owe me a beer at the next recruiter function.

FUTURE: Working on the medical documents, maybe done within a week depending on my free time. I haven't decided whether I want to tackle the SF-86, that is a huge job. Finally, I am trying to develop a way to automatically email out references and cover letters with the filling of a form. Suggestions appreciated.

Check it out. The document is called CompleteApplication.pdf and is found at http://www.navy-officer.com/application.html.

Enjoy.

grant_davis

My recruiter wants me to do MEPS after selection, also he won't do my PRT until after I am selected. Is this normal? I am going to have a good PRT score so that seems weird. I would ask him myself but he is never in the office. I am retaking the ASTB Friday and hope to send my app in that day.. So far all I have is my LOR's, Application, and course completion sheet. I suppose Ill have to do my security clearance after my test (assuming my recruiter is there which he wasn’t the first time I took the test). I know I still need to get my measurements (applying for SNA) but I think that should be about it... Hopefully Ill make the November boards. I know I am pushing it but if I can get a hold of my recruiter I should be able to make it happen.

PapaK

I need a suggetsion on a third choice. I am a graduate of a major university with Masters in Business Admn. and International Relations. I am currently in the process of completing my application packet for reserve DCO. I take the ASTB on 13Nov09 (wish me luck). I am choosing Intell (of course) and (Supply). Given my educational background, what other "job" in the Navy can you suggest for me?

navy09

None
I need a suggetsion on a third choice. I am a graduate of a major university with Masters in Business Admn. and International Relations. I am currently in the process of completing my application packet for reserve DCO. I take the ASTB on 13Nov09 (wish me luck). I am choosing Intell (of course) and (Supply). Given my educational background, what other "job" in the Navy can you suggest for me?

IW. Also rethink going line. Being a Supply Officer probably isn't like what you think it is....and being an Intel Officer definitely isn't like what you think it is.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
IW. Also rethink going line. Being a Supply Officer probably isn't like what you think it is....and being an Intel Officer definitely isn't like what you think it is.

He's applying for reserve DCO; last I knew line officer wasn't an option going that route.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
Actually, DCO can go for restricted line (intell). The rest are staff jobs.

You are correct, but the common understanding of "line officer" in the fleet refers to unrestricted line, generally the aviators, SWOs, bubbleheads and spec war/spec ops guys. I was a reserve officer recruiter for 5.5 years and forwarded enough DCO packages to be pretty sure that the above warfare specialities are not now open to reserve DCO applicants. Besides, midn09 already knew from your first post in this thread that you're putting in for intel, so that's probably not what he had in mind when he advised that you "rethink going line."

As to your original question- what other reserve communities are currently open for DCO applicants? Have you considered going active duty? That would obviously expand your choices.