• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Misdiagnosed with pulmonary Hypertension

thecrimsnchin

Hey guys,

I went through MEPS last month for the Navy and they said they found a heart murmur and sent me for a cardiology consult for an echocardiogram and an EKG. They then diagnosed me with a mild pulmonary hypertension which seemed incorrect as I run marathons (and win) and am training for an Ironman. The Navy liason's office sent for a waiver. Waiver denied.

This week I saw an independent doctor, he couldn't hear the heart murmur, EKG came back normal, took a more involved echocardiogram and came back normal. I've been misdiagnosed!

Now my recruiter is dodging my calls and text messages.

What are my options here?

Can I go through the Marines? Or will they find the waiver denial from the navy?

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Now my recruiter is dodging my calls and text messages.

What are my options here?

Can I go through the Marines? Or will they find the waiver denial from the navy?

With your stats, I wouldn't let this go. I'd make it a point to show up at the recruiter's office (documents in hand) and get a face to face answer as to why your kit isn't worth fighting for. If you're still not satisfied, I'd consider asking for a different recruiter.