• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Military Bearing... You're doing it wrong

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Or else what?

I'm assuming that "fashion walk" or whatever it's called was some kind of joke.

HuggyU2

None
I know the difference between how an officer candidate should act in uniform, and how a college student should act in civies. If you find this appropriate, then put him in your squadron, Flash.

My guess is this guy has been on the radar for a long time, and no one will call him out. Three cheers for Mr Mabus and his former boss!!

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
I know the difference between how an officer candidate should act in uniform, and how a college student should act in civies. If you find this appropriate, then put him in your squadron, Flash.

My guess is this guy has been on the radar for a long time, and no one will call him out. Three cheers for Mr Mabus and his former boss!!

I'd rather have this guy than some of the ignorant, redneck, backwards-thinking misogynists that I've had in my squadrons.

But they got their hair cut 3 times a month, shined their shoes, and didn't act too gay--so they're probably fine.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
IMG_1962.PNG Well,
This was me at a squadron function. 2500 hours and three deployments later, I think it all turned out fine.

It's a new Navy, tolerance doesn't mean you have to agree with someone's lifestyle.

That includes rednecks and homosexuals alike.

Pickle

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Give it a rest, I went to a military college where we did a lot worse stuff in uniform and out. Of all things to get wound up about with the military now this ought to be pretty damn low on the list....

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
Give it a rest, I went to a military college where we did a lot worse stuff in uniform and out. Of all things to get wound up about with the military now this ought to be pretty damn low on the list....
I'll break it down...
You did worse things at another military college, so since this isn't as bad, this guy gets a pass. So if you steal a car, the guy who steals a bike gets a pass? That's your reasoning? Got it.

I have heard the same defense before. Attack the guy who says that your behavior is unacceptable while providing no real argument for why it IS acceptable. Granted, it's not far from the argument of, "When I was in, we didn't do things like that." It does however shed light on where OUR military is going.

So seriously. You youts (or if you prefer, yooooths) ought to consider where you actually DO draw the line. Allowing everyone to be a snowflake isn't going to make good order and discipline any easier.

I've seen things I couldn't have imagined when I joined the military in 1985! Some good. Some bad.

robav8r

None
Contributor
If this was a chick, shaking her ass, flaunting her tits, I don't think the reaction would be so "accepting." No ???

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'll break it down...You did worse things at another military college, so since this isn't as bad, this guy gets a pass. So if you steal a car, the guy who steals a bike gets a pass? That's your reasoning?

Yes, the military and it's discipline is falling apart and it is all exemplified by this one guy doing something stupid. And just how the hell did we go from doing a silly walk to stealing cars and bikes?

...It does however shed light on where OUR military is going....Allowing everyone to be a snowflake isn't going to make good order and discipline any easier....

Where it is going or where it has been?

Costumes.jpg

Last edited: