• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

MEPS - Navy

Mglsndst

Went to my Dr today for a yearly check up, and I failed the hearing test at 1000hz in my left ear, is it still possible to get into the Navy? Is this an automatic disqualification?

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Please see page 57 here. From this site for reference: https://www.med.navy.mil/directives/Pages/NAVMEDP-MANMED.aspx

Hearing
(I) Audiometric Hearing Levels. Audiometers calibrated to the International Standards Organization (ISO 1964) or the American National Standards Institute (ANSI 1996) shall be used to test the hearing of all applicants.
(2) Current hearing threshold level in either car greater than that described below is disqualifying:
(a) Pure tone at 500, 1000, and 2000 cycles per second for each ear of not more than 30 dB on the average with no individual level greater than 35 dB at those frequencies.
(b) Pure tone level not more than 45 dB at 3000 cycles per second or 55 dB at 4000 cycles per second for each car.