• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine flight suit regulations?

el_bastardo

I checked out the Marine Corps Uniform Board online, and was unable to find any regulations pertaining to the wearing of the flight suit.

There's a sheet at API that just give us a real quick list of what's authorized. Green skivvie shirt, MATSG-21 patch, leather name tag. I would just like to read it off a USMC publication so I can get the straight dope.

Anybody have any gouge on where I can find Marine flight suit regulations?

reapergm

Hey, I have a question... What the HECK does this mean?

4. Listed are the four types of flight jackets authorized with the service uniform:

b. Jacket, suits, flying, winter (green, poopie suit liner)

LOL, what the hell is a "poopie" suit?

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When you get to your squadron and you get issued a dry suit, you'll also get a dry suit liner. The dry suit is also referred to as a "poopie suit."
ea6bflyr

reapergm said:
Hey, I have a question... What the HECK does this mean?
4. Listed are the four types of flight jackets authorized with the service uniform:
b. Jacket, suits, flying, winter (green, poopie suit liner)
LOL, what the hell is a "poopie" suit?

donnyglaze

Since this thread is 6 years old, I'm not going to apologize for this thread jack. When I was at API, I was speaking to a Navy rigger and he told me that we lefties are authorized to have the pencil pocket moved from the left to the right arm, and they would even do it for me at the rigger shop at Primary. Any validity to this? I'm here at good ol' Vance AFB and they have no idea about anything like this. I'm just curious changing it on the flight suits and maybe the poopie suit liner. No word on anything in the flight suit regs from above, and I've checked all over the Leftorium. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
You need to have it done? I'm a lefty and have no problem...just reach with my Right hand and transfer to the left.

Better yet, you should just have a pencil tied to your kneeboard with some chord. The riggers do that too and you don't have to worry about your pocket then.

donnyglaze

I don't think that that nasty 4 letter word "need" made an appearance on my post. I'm not hiding anything about this being a comfort based decision, I'm simply trying to find out if I can do this. I also don't need the insoles that I put in my boots, but I still do it.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Thanks for the useful reply Punk

This is probably what you were looking for http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/mcub/library/MCUR/URCH7.htm#UR7005 Take note of the two approved patches, ie, one on your sleeve and one on your chest, that's it.

From that site:

Nametapes will be worn on flight suits and flight jackets and will be two inches wide by four inches long, made of black leather or synthetic leather material only, with hook and pile (velcro) backing. The following information will be embossed in gold on the name tape:

That nametape is f'ing ENORMOUS!

herbaltonic

pilot
As to the leftie issue, I checked with the North field paraloft and was denied, the civilian contractor said it was an illegal mod and made the flight suit non-RFI. O well. And back to the patch thing, Ive seen a number of my fellow yut-yuts sporting American flag patches on their left shoulder, is this a freebie that doesn't count against two CMC-authorized patches?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
As to the leftie issue, I checked with the North field paraloft and was denied, the civilian contractor said it was an illegal mod and made the flight suit non-RFI. O well. And back to the patch thing, Ive seen a number of my fellow yut-yuts sporting American flag patches on their left shoulder, is this a freebie that doesn't count against two CMC-authorized patches?

Non-RFI? Who cares if it can get RE-issued? They're not giving used flight suits to anyone. Mod'ing a flight suit is probably something I'd wait to do until I got to the fleet though. I'm not a lefty, but is saving the extra second getting a pen really that big a deal? In any case, I never get pens from my flight suitin flight. They're already in my kneeboard on start up.

Those Marines are wrong. I never understood the need to wear the flag or the service patch on the shoulder. Flag? You're in the military, on a American base in an American plane, was there any doubt what country you are from. Service emblem? It SAYS "USMC" on your namepatch, if the ugly haircut didn't tip anyone off in the first place.

As for "fun" patches on the shoulder, your sense of humor isn't impressing anyone. Wait until you've got a deployment or det patch, which, BTW shouldn't be worn more than 6 mo after returning from said det. Same for chicken (WTI) patches. Unless you're just back from the class or are the squadron WTI, stop wearing that thing. Either you are solid and don't need the patch to prove it, or you aren't. If you went as a captain and are now a major or higher, you are just demonstrating a lack of self-confidence by wearing it. I've only seen one exception to that rule, and I worked for him. Oddly enough, he was cool and laid-back enough I wouldn't have guessed he was one unless he wore it. Hmm...maybe that's why he did....