• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

March 2013 CEC Board

Bullfrog90

I submitted my first application for the March boards. Does anybody know how many others are applying/ how many slots are open? I read that they were taking 50-60 applicants in Jan, but I never heard the final results. I'd be interested to know those too if anyone has them.

Anyone else on here applying?

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Not for the March AD board, but my application for CEC DCO is going before the April 2013 board! Best of luck to you. :D

exNavyOffRec

I had a person I was working with before I retired just picked up on the last board and I think those numbers are right and that should close out FY13 so the next board will by mainly for FY14

Bullfrog90

Thank you for the quick replies! NavyOffRec, I believe I actually saw those numbers in a post from you haha. I am still in school and applying to the BDCP/ Collegiate program if that makes any difference. Graduating in May 2014. I heard the BDCP is more or less obsolete for CEC now, but I listed both on my application because both options were on the list of designators.

PenguinGal, Good luck to you as well.

exNavyOffRec

BDCP for CEC is automatically rolled into CEC collegiate, so if you apply for both you are really just applying for one, they changed that a few years ago.

They picked about 15 CEC collegiates on the last board, and the numbers go toward the overall CAP for CEC collegiate and by year graduating.

exNavyOffRec

I just talked to my friend and I was off on the numbers, they picked 15, of those 3 were CEC collegiate, the 2 CEC collegiate that are known had very high GPA's

There should still be several FY13 spots left given it was 15 picked not 50

dfickey2

NavyOffRec, do you know or can you find out what the selction rate was? I applied and was not selected. I have a bankruptcy in my past, which I think was the culprit. A friend of mine with very similar qualifications was selected however.

Thanks!
Dave

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec, do you know or can you find out what the selction rate was? I applied and was not selected. I have a bankruptcy in my past, which I think was the culprit. A friend of mine with very similar qualifications was selected however.

Thanks!
Dave

I don't have the official list in front of me, but the list before the board started showed 51 went to board.

The bankruptcy may have done it.

dfickey2

To any Senior Officers:

I submitted a package to the Civil Engineer Corps Board in February 2012. The board recently met (January 2013) and I was not selected. My recruiter does not have much information to give me as to why I wasn't selected. My speculation is that a past bankruptcy is to blame. A friend of mine was selected during that board and to my knowledge we had very similar packages, except for the bankruptcy. I would like to re-submit my application, but I will need updated interviews and/or references.

Would any Senior Officer message me or email me dfickey2@gmail.com if you would be available to review my package for areas where I can improve? I can supply most of the application package that was submitted, as well as any other requested info. I can answer any other personal information via email that you would like to know. If possible an interview/appraisal or reference would also be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Dave

exNavyOffRec

Thanks!
Dave

also... a lot of weight is put on the accessions officer interview, and I take it you have your EIT?

dfickey2

NavyOffRec: My accessions interview was good...8 out of 10 with a real nice write up. I was told I was the best intervirew of the day, by the interviewer. I am a licensed engineer in Florida, I've had my PE license for three years now and just renewed it for another 2 years. This is part of what puzzles me about not being selected. Thought I had enough positives that out weighed the what negatives that I did have.

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec: My accessions interview was good...8 out of 10 with a real nice write up. I was told I was the best intervirew of the day, by the interviewer. I am a licensed engineer in Florida, I've had my PE license for three years now and just renewed it for another 2 years. This is part of what puzzles me about not being selected. Thought I had enough positives that out weighed the what negatives that I did have.

I can tell you 8 out of 10 may sound good but it is not the best, I never had an applicant selected with anything less than a 9 on the interview, most were 10.

You may have been the best of the day but when it comes to the board and against the ones that have 9's and 10's it can be an uphill battle, in all the other boards you have to have 3/3 yes's from the board members to get a Y, and they selected fewer than they could have this time.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
Resurrecting this board to wish everyone luck. Not sure when it meets this month, but since it does meet this month results aren't too far away!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Price13

CEC Collegiate
I submitted my first application for the March boards. Does anybody know how many others are applying/ how many slots are open? I read that they were taking 50-60 applicants in Jan, but I never heard the final results. I'd be interested to know those too if anyone has them.

Anyone else on here applying?

I also applied for the CEC collegiate program. Hoping to hear something soon!