• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Lying about colleges attended - Low GPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

klkalx

I took classes at a private university for 2.5 years for Biomedical Science and grades weren't good. I've got A in six classes but I've got F in seven classes , 5 Ws and a few of Ds. After that I started fresh at my state university majoring in Computer Engineering and grades are much better, I have a 3.35 GPA, projected graduation Fall 2017.

I talked to a recruiter and he told me that I need to submit transcripts from all the colleges I attended. I don't want to submit the transcript from the first university because my GPA will go down to 2.68 (counting W as F).

How bad will that GPA be for OCS. I've though about just submitting the transcript from my current university since I didn't transfer any courses from the other one, but I really don't know what to do.

I'm interested in SWO, Information Professional, Cyber Warfare Engineer or Cryptology Warfare

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I took classes at a private university for 2.5 years for Biomedical Science and grades weren't good. I've got A in six classes but I've got F in seven classes , 5 Ws and a few of Ds. After that I started fresh at my state university majoring in Computer Engineering and grades are much better, I have a 3.35 GPA, projected graduation Fall 2017.

I talked to a recruiter and he told me that I need to submit transcripts from all the colleges I attended. I don't want to submit the transcript from the first university because my GPA will go down to 2.68 (counting W as F).

How bad will that GPA be for OCS. I've though about just submitting the transcript from my current university since I didn't transfer any courses from the other one, but I really don't know what to do.

I'm interested in SWO, Information Professional, Cyber Warfare Engineer or Cryptology Warfare

Join the Army. We don't want you. Even if you do meet the GPA requirement, the boards aren't selecting those who meet the minimums.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Good.

Assuming I've got a decent ASTB score, I can get two letter of recommendations and every else is all right (Personal Statement and so on) how bad a 2.70 GPA will be?

I will go on with any position Supply Officer, Administration or Human Resources.

You still don't meet the min requirements for Supply, which is a 2.8. Competitive GPA for them is a 3.4 and higher.

Also, there isn't an direct assess HR/Admin program.

Last edited:

NatalieES

SWOpeful
Own it.

So few of even the most well-rounded academics get off on the right foot producing exceptional schoolwork. You are no exception and neither am I, nor are many others here I bet. The difference is, they're all willing to own up to it and accept it as their history, something to look back on as a learning tool towards healthy academic and professional development.

Do you honestly want superiors, peers, and subordinates to find out you gained a commission through less-than-reputable means? I can't imagine it'll feel too great if you make your way into OCS and thrive only for you to blow it on lies. The standard you walk past is the standard you accept. If you're willing to cut corners here what makes you think you won't in the future? Will you promote the same in the people under your command?

FormerRecruitingGuru

True.

Not planning of joining the Army, I'll go civilian instead in that case.

Is there a website where to get those specific qualifications? navycs.com isn't providing updated information it says 2.5 GPA for Supply Officer.

If only there's someone who you've been in constant contact who can find those out for you...

klkalx

Own it.

So few of even the most well-rounded academics get off on the right foot producing exceptional schoolwork. You are no exception and neither am I, nor are many others here I bet. The difference is, they're all willing to own up to it and accept it as their history, something to look back on as a learning tool towards healthy academic and professional development.

Do you honestly want superiors, peers, and subordinates to find out you gained a commission through less-than-reputable means? I can't imagine it'll feel too great if you make your way into OCS and thrive only for you to blow it on lies. The standard you walk past is the standard you accept. If you're willing to cut corners here what makes you think you won't in the future? Will you promote the same in the people under your command?

Thank you very much Natalie.
I just calculate my GPA again and actually is a 2.92. It could be 3.10 by the time I graduate so I will work my way to that.

Last edited:

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
I talked to a recruiter and he told me that I need to submit transcripts from all the colleges I attended. I don't want to submit the transcript from the first university because my GPA will go down to 2.68 (counting W as F).... I've thought about just submitting the transcript from my current university...

Aside from worrying about what your self-fulfilling GPA app tells you, I think you need to spend a little more time thinking about whether or not this line of work is right for you.

"Integrity is one of those words which many people keep in that desk drawer labeled “too hard.” It’s not a topic for the dinner table or the cocktail party. You can’t buy or sell it. When supported with education, a person’s integrity can give him something to rely on when his perspective seems to blur, when rules and principles seem to waver, and when he’s faced with hard choices of right or wrong. It’s something to keep him on the righttrack, something to keep him afloat when he’s drowning; if only for practical reasons, it is an attribute that should be kept at the very top of a young person’s consciousness." - VADM James Stockdale

klkalx

Aside from worrying about what your self-fulfilling GPA app tells you, I think you need to spend a little more time thinking about whether or not this line of work is right for you.

"Integrity is one of those words which many people keep in that desk drawer labeled “too hard.” It’s not a topic for the dinner table or the cocktail party. You can’t buy or sell it. When supported with education, a person’s integrity can give him something to rely on when his perspective seems to blur, when rules and principles seem to waver, and when he’s faced with hard choices of right or wrong. It’s something to keep him on the righttrack, something to keep him afloat when he’s drowning; if only for practical reasons, it is an attribute that should be kept at the very top of a young person’s consciousness." - VADM James Stockdale

Is exactly what I'm doing right know. I see that you are a Super Moderator, can you just delete my account because I can't find the way of doing that. I don't want to think about this anymore, I'll pursue a civilian career.

Philly@9

As much as I despise people telling someone they can't do something they really want to do, this guy tops the cake for absolute worst attitude and he is a blatant integrity violator... RUFiO181 gut punched many of us a few times but those who really want it push on faithfully. He gave up in one day!

Status
Not open for further replies.