• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lineal Numbers

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Does anyone know how switching to FTS effects your lineal number? I know that when you switch they refer to it as a precedence number but curious if you get issued a new number. I'm trying to determine if I'll be on the FY18 reserve promotion board and looking at the zones, my number looks nothing like those. Also, is there a minimum amount of time you have to be transitioned from a 1310 to a 1317 before you are eligible for a reserve promotion board? Thoughts? Thanks!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You keep your lineal number, but gain the precedence number. When compared to an AC officer, they use your lineal number, but when compared to Reservists, you have your Precedence number. I can't remember which number is used for the zones, but I'd guess it's your Lineal number, since at least for the moment, you're tied to a running mate from the AC side. In the past, at least, trying to figure out who that running mate was was a pain in the ass and I could never figure it out so I just ended up calling the AOCM and asking him, since I knew him.

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
@Ken_gone_flying, I become a reservist on 1APR and will go to the FY18 O4 Board that meets on 17APR. This is according to the officer at the CTO office handling my transition when I specifically asked her. Granted, the info came from the CTO office, but it is an answer.

Don't know if you're up for O4, but hopefully this helps you.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
@Ken_gone_flying, I become a reservist on 1APR and will go to the FY18 O4 Board that meets on 17APR. This is according to the officer at the CTO office handling my transition when I specifically asked her. Granted, the info came from the CTO office, but it is an answer.

I'm just going to miss this board by 2 numbers. I'll be on the next. What are you going to be flying?

Ektar

Brewing Pilot
pilot
What are you going to be flying?

Great question! I've been rushing VP-62 and asking questions around VUP-19. I'm concerned about the reserve/civilian work/personal life balance. I really don't want to be at a OSU, because you are invol activation bait from what I'm told.

I'll find something!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

Here's my question. I brought it up when I first selected: how do you ENSURE that you will be a reservist in time and considered for the O-4 board? My PRD (and thus original re-designation month) was April (the month of the reserve O-4 board), but I brought up that if I fell through the cracks, I'd miss both the active and reserve board. The detailer said that to avoid this I was to redesignate in February (this month), and yet the FTS program manager has yet to send me my oath and said the scroll was held up due to the administration change.

Does anyone know when the board actually starts collecting packages for review at the O-4 board? In other words, if I re-designate before March, will I be ON the April O-4 board? The longer my re-designation takes, the more concerned I am. My sponsor at my squadron told me to be careful because of this because he PCSed last april and missed BOTH boards for exactly the reasons I was concerned about.