• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Late kit submission/ meps unable to get me in

Ace_riley

Sorry if this one has been asked before... I did try a search. Anyone know if kits can be submitted late? I have everything done including my security clearance. Only thing left is getting cleared by meps.

But I made a pretty big mistake, because I've already been to meps. I told my recruiter some things that were wrong with me on my medical history form, but then the meps doctor asked about leg pain. Then I remembered that I ran track and had some shin splints that might have been stress fractures and I told him they took X-rays. Figured it'd be no problem because all the tests were clean.

Well that didn't fly with him and he requested all of my medical records. We submitted the records soon after burn its been three months since then and meps has been unable to get me back in. I guess my question is, has anyone had to deal with this? Nothing in my history is outright disqualifying but they are taking forever. I'm wonderfing if anyone was able to get a late submission for something out of their control if they do happen to get me in soon

Thanks

I told my recruiter I had shoulder surgery 6 years ago. Once I told him that and got him my medical records it was a solid 6-8 month wait before I scored a spot at MEPS. Have faith, it will happen.. at some point. I bugged my recruiter on a weekly basis about it and he kept calling MEPS to no avail. Hurry up and wait is the name of the game. On the other hand, once you get cleared by meps and a board happens, you'll be at OCS before you blink your eyes as long as things keep up the way they've been

koliver

My situation was a little different. I went to meps with all the records of things I listed and then a week after meps they requested all my pharmacy records since I was 10. I busted my butt to find all them and then sent them in. That took about another week, and now I'm just waiting to be cleared by N3M for my waivers (I'm pretty sure that's what N3M does). It's a long process, but I did the same thing of just bugging my recruiter.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Sorry if this one has been asked before... I did try a search. Anyone know if kits can be submitted late? I have everything done including my security clearance. Only thing left is getting cleared by meps.

But I made a pretty big mistake, because I've already been to meps. I told my recruiter some things that were wrong with me on my medical history form, but then the meps doctor asked about leg pain. Then I remembered that I ran track and had some shin splints that might have been stress fractures and I told him they took X-rays. Figured it'd be no problem because all the tests were clean.

Well that didn't fly with him and he requested all of my medical records. We submitted the records soon after burn its been three months since then and meps has been unable to get me back in. I guess my question is, has anyone had to deal with this? Nothing in my history is outright disqualifying but they are taking forever. I'm wonderfing if anyone was able to get a late submission for something out of their control if they do happen to get me in soon

Thanks

Your recruiter should have briefed you prior to MEPS regarding how to answer the doctor's questions. You shot yourself in the foot big time and the opportunity to be on the April board. Looks like you're on deck for July.

To answer your question, pilot applicants are a dime a dozen and with boards taking place 4-5 times a year there's no reason for the NRD to request an extension.

exNavyOffRec

There is a reason a person has to be N3M qualified prior to board, when the board looks at people and then gives them a Pro Y they do that knowing the initial medical look has deemed them qualified for SNA or SNFO or whatever.

The wait for you could be days, weeks, or months and the NRD has no idea how long that is so no reason to ask for something that may be a moot point.