• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Jun 30 OCS date

red1323

Hey I just got selected for NUPOC and am looking for others with a Jun 30 OCS date. I'm hoping it'll be in RI by then, but Pensacola is a neat little town too. That's Jun 30, 2007 in case there was confusion.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I'm going then for SNA through BDCP. I have a feeling it will be down in Pensacola still, but who knows. OCS was supposed to be in Newport already. I'm going to PM you for info.

joboy_2.0

professional undergraduate
Contributor
I heard it may very well be pensacola for us. I'll be going in June 9th, so I MAY be securing when you get there.:D

tiger84

LT
pilot
I was talking to my recruiter about OCS dates yesterday after getting through MEPS and he also spoke of the move to RI coming after the June classes in Pensacola. He was also under the impression that there was going to be a gap of a month or two without any classes coming out of either RI or Pensacola while the change takes place. Not sure if there's any truth to that though.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
I can't imagine it being efficient for the Navy to stop OCS for a period like. If it is true, then that means I get to graduate and have 3 months to sit on my ass and enjoy E-5 pay.

As for the move to Newport, I have also heard that the July/August classes will be up there.

tiger84

LT
pilot
Yeah, I was skeptical about the stoppage during the move, but who knows how it will all work out. Unless my Final Select takes more than 6 months I'll be in Pensacola anyway, so it doesn't matter much.

I'll be in the 30Jun07 class as well. As far as I know it's still in Pensacola, but I guess I won't know for sure until I get orders to OCS. See you there!

When did you find out you were bumped to July? I haven't gotten any orders yet, other than my original ship date for OCS when I enlisted (BDCP) back in Feb 06.

joboy_2.0

Contributor
When did you find out you were bumped to July? I haven't gotten any orders yet, other than my original ship date for OCS when I enlisted (BDCP) back in Feb 06.

uh...as I understand it we won't get order until within a month of going. Probably a few weeks.

joboy_2.0

Contributor
Yeah, that's what I've been told. Just wondering how they'd let you know that your OCS date has been moved before then.

Unless you went out of your way to find out, I imagine you may not find out. From what I've heard, you'll know when/where you're going when you get your orders.;)

Cheers

tiger84

LT
pilot
Unless you went out of your way to find out, I imagine you may not find out. From what I've heard, you'll know when/where you're going when you get your orders.;)

Cheers

Yeah, I wouldn't count on anything until you have signed orders in hand. The tentative dates you've been given will probably work out, but you never know.

red1323

I get a new OCS date every month when I go in for my check-in with my recruiter. I'm back to 30 Jun now; if that's still the case next month I may start believing it. On a bright note, I got my security clearance so now you can pm me with all your secrets :D