• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS July 4Th Holiday

Mandy Smith

My LO is in class 13-17 . There is chatter going around on FB that they will all get 96 hours leave for July 4th. I could see 1 day but 4??? just wondering if any of you would know anything about that from past holiday's. We got the letter yesterday stating that his grad date is the 14 of July. Unless rolled! Have not heard from LO yet, so I was just trying to find our myself

SHoward

LT, CEC, USN
LO means Loved One. I was at OCS this past Thanksgiving, Christmas, and for several federal holidays. Leave was only authorized for Christmas (1 week), liberty was authorized for Thanksgiving (3 days, Thu-Sat) and Christmas (2 weeks), and all other federal holidays were treated like any Sunday (nothing scheduled, but no leave or liberty was authorized).

If there is leave and/or liberty authorized for July 4th, the CO will issue a written brief weeks/months in advance. Staff will know about it because it would address their leave, too. Good luck finding a Candio that's seen it or even knows to look for it. The Thanksgiving and Christmas brief was issued in September, but by Thanksgiving everyone had forgotten it existed, and then by Christmas everyone had forgotten it existed again. The general policy toward that liberty was:

H-Class, Indoctrination Candidates, and Junior Officer Candidates: On-base liberty only
Senior Officer Candidates: Off-base, on-island liberty
Candidate Officers: Off-base, off-island liberty

Last edited:

katurian

For Memorial Day this coming Monday we are getting overnight liberty from Saturday to 0500 Monday. It will likely be the same that if the 4th falls on a weeksday in his 11rh week of training he'll get overnight leave otherwise it'll be 1800.